Author Topic: Registration key not received  (Read 3047 times)

davidm_uk

Registration key not received
« on: September 02, 2008, 08:27:46 PM »
Hi all - first post!

I installed AVAST 4 Home (free) on Sunday, and went here
http://www.avast.com/eng/home-registration.php#register-form
to register it. The registration process seemed to go ok but I still haven't received my registration key. Earlier today I tried registering again, using the same information, and it was accepted, surprising if the system already had my details from first time around. And still no reg key!
Anyone know if there's some problem with the registration system? (and yes I have allowed their email address in my spam filter, although I always check all spam marked items before deleting them anyway).

Thanks for any info.
David

Online DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
Re: Registration key not received
« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2008, 08:47:07 PM »
The most common cause for this is email blocking in the name of a spam filter by either your ISP or an anti-spam on your system ?

If you have allowed at your system level it is likely to be at ISP level.

Try registering again, using a different email address (different domain to the one not getting through), people have got a free Yahoo account if they don't have another alternative and been able to receive their registration email.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.4.6112 (build 24.4.9067.762) UI 1.0.803/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

davidm_uk

« Reply #2 on: September 03, 2008, 12:10:06 PM »
You were right!

Tried an alternative account (hotmail) and reg key received quite quickly. Pretty sure it wasn't being blocked by my email provider (Compuserve - I don't think they block anything judging by the amount of spam I get), so it must have been my ISP - Virgin Media.

Many thanks.

Online DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
« Reply #3 on: September 03, 2008, 06:40:23 PM »
No problem, glad I could help.

There are a lot of ISPs that purport not to filter emails without the users knowledge, but there is a lot of it going on. This shows there is something going on as the original would have been sent out just as promptly.

The main thing is you have it now.

Welcome to the forums.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.4.6112 (build 24.4.9067.762) UI 1.0.803/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security