Author Topic: Google to launch browser to battle IE  (Read 38610 times)

gdiloren

Re: Google to launch browser to battle IE
« Reply #60 on: September 05, 2008, 12:18:08 AM »
I go for it but let's see next year. 8)

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #61 on: September 05, 2008, 12:20:12 AM »
I couldn't find anywhere the flexibility and the configurability of Firefox extensions...
The best things in life are free.

hithere

« Reply #62 on: September 05, 2008, 02:42:11 AM »
i don't care if they made ie 20, opera 20.5,or safari OX 100 there's nothing that is going to compare or beat the big bad FOX.just deal with it ,live with it ,just handle the damn truth!!!!!!!!! it's all about firefox plain an simple .....

You get exactly the same effect as if you put a collar on horse's head. It is not plain and simple as you think it is and Firefox is not the best browser out there.

I couldn't find anywhere the flexibility and the configurability of Firefox extensions...

Of course you can not get them, yet. Google Chrome is in early beta stage, what to expect at this point? Let give it some time and I am almost 100% sure developers will start working on it just like they swarmed around firefox. No question, Chrome is The Fastest browser out there. Not safe enough ? Well, maybe that's true, but just find me one that's 100% safe. There is no safe browser and it will never be, you have to live with it. When IE 8 comes out, I am  positive, the very next day someone will come up with dozen of links saying about all vulnerabilities and security holes they have discovered. This is becoming so boring. Yawn!

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #63 on: September 05, 2008, 03:11:47 AM »
Of course you can not get them, yet. Google Chrome is in early beta stage, what to expect at this point?
I'm not married with Firefox... I wish Chrome get better and better... maybe I drop Firefox.
Right now, it's far away from the best point. What I can say from a lot of other Google tools is that configurability and flexibility aren't their better. They make simple (and very good) products, not flexible ones.
The best things in life are free.

rdmaloyjr

« Reply #64 on: September 05, 2008, 03:32:13 AM »
While there isn't a browser that's 100% safe, I think Opera is the safest browser. :)

Opera is the friendliest, easiest browser to use.  It's a delight to surf with Opera.

I've never used Chrome, but Opera is the fastest browser I've used.  K-Meleon is very fast, but suffers from many of FF's short comings.

Of all the browsers I've used, the one I liked the least was Safari.

The Linux browser I liked best is Konqueror.  (I was never able to try Opera on Linux.)

chargers

« Reply #65 on: September 05, 2008, 03:34:01 AM »
how in the hell are you going to say chrome is the fastest browser out there?are you alright are you sane?it hasn't even been out 2 days,i don't understand why people can't get it through there thick skull!!!!!!!!!firefox,eat it ,swallow it ,live with it

chargers #1 and firefox evangelist
« Last Edit: September 05, 2008, 03:36:05 AM by charger »

rdmaloyjr

« Reply #66 on: September 05, 2008, 03:40:14 AM »
Ooops!  I thought Charger's comment was directed at me.
« Last Edit: September 05, 2008, 04:09:16 AM by rdmaloyjr »

Offline .: Mac :.

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Ultra Poster
« Reply #67 on: September 05, 2008, 03:52:03 AM »
While there isn't a browser that's 100% safe, I think Opera is the safest browser. :)

Opera is the friendliest, easiest browser to use.  It's a delight to surf with Opera.

I've never used Chrome, but Opera is the fastest browser I've used.  K-Meleon is very fast, but suffers from many of FF's short comings.

Of all the browsers I've used, the one I liked the least was Safari.

The Linux browser I liked best is Konqueror.  (I was never able to try Opera on Linux.)

I used to use Opera, very fast browser. But I remember it had a memory leak in the Mac version and thats why I quit using it at the time. Maybe time to download it again.

As for the safest browser, I think pretty much all the major browsers (apart from IE) are Safe to use. Afterall browsing habits have a big impact on security, if you visit questionable sites you will eventually get exploited/infected no matter what the browser is since all have vulnerabilities.
"People who are really serious about software should make their own hardware." - Alan Kay

Offline bob3160

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Probably Bot
  • 64 Years of Happiness
    • bob3160 Protecting Yourself, Your Computer and, Your Identity
« Reply #68 on: September 05, 2008, 04:00:31 AM »
how in the hell are you going to say chrome is the fastest browser out there?are you alright are you sane?it hasn't even been out 2 days,i don't understand why people can't get it through there thick skull!!!!!!!!!firefox,eat it ,swallow it ,live with it

That's nothing more than being a "Fan Boy"
With that attitude, you'll never discover anything new.
Chrome is much faster than Firefox. Easy to use and I've found it very stable even if it's still a beta release.
(Oh, I forgot, it's from Google and most of their stuff is still beta.....)
It's currently running as my default browser.  :)
Free Security Seminar: https://bit.ly/bobg2023  -  Important: http://www.organdonor.gov/ -- My Web Site: http://bob3160.strikingly.com/ - Win 11 Pro v22H2 64bit, 16 Gig Ram, 1TB SSD, Avast Free 23.5.6066, How to Successfully Install Avast http://goo.gl/VLXdeRepair & Clean Install https://goo.gl/t7aJGq -- My Online Activity https://bit.ly/BobGInternet

chargers

« Reply #69 on: September 05, 2008, 04:01:56 AM »
same here mac i have opera installed but don't use it cause it still has a memory leak on my windows vista.one tab open 130 to 150K!!!!rediculous!!!i'll say it once again firefox #1

chargers

« Reply #70 on: September 05, 2008, 04:04:01 AM »
well good luck bob enjoy( chrome what a joke)

drhayden1

« Reply #71 on: September 05, 2008, 04:24:35 AM »
This is becoming so boring. Yawn!
everyone is different in everything
that's why there are so many choices out there in everything
just go to the grocery store and look at all the cereal's
you have your choices-eat what you like
same as browsers-use what you like
I admit Chrome is fast- but so is Garfield-but i'm still using Firefox and Opera ;)
page 6 on this thread coming soon :o
« Last Edit: September 05, 2008, 04:31:28 AM by drhayden1 »

hithere

« Reply #72 on: September 05, 2008, 04:29:23 AM »

I suggest you do some serious research next time before you say something like that. If you haven't already, check their comic about how Chrome is engineered and why it's fast as it is. Then maybe, you will come to realise why it really is the fastest browser out there. "Two days" what the hell are you talking about?!! How many days do you need to realise how fast it renders everything? Three?! Do some research as I said.

chargers

« Reply #73 on: September 05, 2008, 04:35:04 AM »
like drdrayden said everyone is different !!!!!!enjoy!!!!

gdiloren

« Reply #74 on: September 05, 2008, 05:39:52 AM »
Like FF for it's extensions but I can't install any right now and I don't like it. Are they so safe after all? Reliable? We rely a lot on NoScript, for example, what if it became corrupt. I've uninstalled Threatfire, I also ran a registry clean up with MVRegClean that is in depht and Advance Window Care and Glary and it just won't install, any of them. I read a thread on the Threatfire forum on PCTools about it but so far the software is gone. Weird. Just to say I am less secure than I was with FF 3.0.1 than I was 1 week ago. But do we have a choice (those who care about security) than surfing with the great FOX?     ??? Note:CHROME IS BETA and all my extension problems started after I downloaded it, but I have no proof. :-\
« Last Edit: September 05, 2008, 06:13:37 AM by gdiloren »