Author Topic: Exclusions  (Read 2385 times)

GrahamE

Exclusions
« on: September 04, 2008, 09:51:55 PM »
Hi everyone,

Long time since I've been on, mainly due to the ease of using Avast, rather than my expertise!  ;D

I use Counterspy and they've just updated it with a new version, V3, and for some reason they've decided to make it incompatible with Avast. When I installed it, it listed Avast as something that should be removed. I installed it anyway and they both seem to be ok, except that sometimes the Standard Shield goes mental scanning Counterspy logs, and the CPU usage is up at 100% while it does so.

Anyway, the question, finally. I want to add a couple of the C'spy files to the SS exclusion list, and can't remember exactly what to type in there :-[. The actual file path is

C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Sunbelt\AntiMalware\logs....it goes on and on and so I want to add

C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Sunbelt to the exclusion list, so that the whole lot is ignored.

Please could someone tell me exactly what to write?

Many thanks,

Graham

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
Re: Exclusions
« Reply #1 on: September 05, 2008, 12:26:57 AM »
Graham, it's better to exclude only the logs folder.
C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Sunbelt\AntiMalware\logs\*
The best things in life are free.

GrahamE

« Reply #2 on: September 05, 2008, 12:38:18 AM »
Hi Tech,

Thanks for replying. That's what I put in, pretty-well anyway.

C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Sunbelt\* is what I entered, but as soon as I opened C'spy, Avast was at it again. I also found it was checking the almost identical path of C:\D & S\GE\App Data\....\logs and so I also entered C:\Documents and Settings\GE\Application Data\Sunbelt\*

but it was still checking them as soon as I tried to open C'spy, which is when I thought I should check to make sure I was putting the right thing into the list.

I'll try again, going as far as 'logs' this time.

Thanks,

Graham

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #3 on: September 05, 2008, 12:51:54 AM »
I'm having problems with Exclusions right now too... maybe we need to boot the computer... who knows... I'm not self confident on avast exclusion lists right now...
The best things in life are free.

GrahamE

« Reply #4 on: September 05, 2008, 01:07:53 AM »
Oh right, thanks, at least it's not just me! Now I know I'm doing the right thing though, at least I'll know it's Avast with the problem and not me. Although why the hell Counterspy decided to update their product so that it's not compatible with what is I guess the most popular free AV around, I really don't understand.

Thanks as always, Tech,

Graham :)