Author Topic: Avast real time shields block up IE and Windows Mail  (Read 3645 times)

kinman

Avast real time shields block up IE and Windows Mail
« on: April 06, 2011, 03:31:17 PM »
I have just installed a new copy of Windows 7 Ultimate (x64) on my new PC. Until the recent update, the Avast start to stop functioning correctly with the Internet Explorer 9 and Windows Mail. The IE9 can detector the wed site, but unable to display it. For Windows Mail, it cannot connect to the mail server, and so fail to download the mails.

I have tried to un-install the IE9, and back to IE8, still not working. Then try to stop the COMODO firewall and the Lavasoft Ad-aware, no luck. Finally, disable the real time shield, everything back to work. Then I turn it on again, it will still work, but just no very smooth.

Finally, need to change the setting in Avast to "load avast! services only after loading other system services". With this setting, the Windows mails can receive mails, the IE still have a minor problem, working every slow for first time start after every boot up. Stop it and restart, it will work fine!

Not sure what cause the problem, the program? Version 6.0.1000 or Definitions 110406-0...Please Help!

Offline Pondus

• Probably Bot
  • Not a avast user
Re: Avast real time shields block up IE and Windows Mail
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2011, 04:03:41 PM »
Then try to stop the COMODO firewall and the Lavasoft Ad-aware,
have you tried uninstalling Comodo......have worked in some earlier cases
I would also replace Ad-aware with malwarebytes......ad-aware has an integrated Ikarus AV engine.....it may conflict

doktornotor

« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2011, 04:12:37 PM »
I would also replace Ad-aware with malwarebytes......ad-aware has an integrated Ikarus AV engine.....it may conflict

And Comodo IS has its own (junky) AV engine as well.

Nesivos

« Reply #3 on: April 06, 2011, 04:40:21 PM »
Which versions of IE9 and Windows Mail are you using?

To my knowledge the current version of IE9 x64 is 9.0.8112.16421

You didn't say if you got this message with regards to IE9

From Microsoft Support webpage

You receive an error message in Internet Explorer: "Internet Explorer cannot display the webpage"

To have us fix this problem for you, go to the "Fix it for me" section. If you would rather fix this problem yourself, go to the "Let me fix it myself" section.

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/956196

You can go here to try and fix the Windows Mail problem

Welcome to the (Microsoft Fix it Solution Center
Find automated solutions for your issues.

http://support.microsoft.com/fixit/
« Last Edit: April 06, 2011, 04:47:20 PM by Nesivos »

kinman

« Reply #4 on: April 08, 2011, 01:39:43 PM »
Then try to stop the COMODO firewall and the Lavasoft Ad-aware,
have you tried uninstalling Comodo......have worked in some earlier cases

Thanks, guy, but I have found that it is not the problem of COMODO or the Ad-aware, but only the problem of the Avast.

Offline Asyn

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
    • >>>  Avast Forum - Deutschsprachiger Bereich  <<<
« Reply #5 on: April 08, 2011, 01:46:20 PM »
...I have found that it is not the problem of COMODO or the Ad-aware, but only the problem of the Avast.

How...???
W8.1 [x64] - Avast Free AV 23.3.8047.BC [UI.757] - Firefox ESR 102.9 [NS/uBO/PB] - Thunderbird 102.9.1
Avast-Tools: Secure Browser 109.0 - Cleanup 23.1 - SecureLine 5.18 - DriverUpdater 23.1 - CCleaner 6.01
Avast Wissenswertes (Downloads, Anleitungen & Infos): https://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=60523.0

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #6 on: April 08, 2011, 01:49:27 PM »
Thanks, guy, but I have found that it is not the problem of COMODO or the Ad-aware, but only the problem of the Avast.
???
The best things in life are free.