Author Topic: How Can I Have avast! *Authomatically* Move a Virus to the Chest During a Scan?  (Read 9929 times)

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
What the hell good is doing a virus scan on your PC if you CANNOT run it all the way through without it stopping when it finds a virus!!!
Well, the antivirus is the resident. Other features, well, some of them, are kept to the Professional version. They need to eat, don't they?

I'm starting to look for now another anti-virus program that isn't going to charge me $40 just to do a complete system scan.   >:(
avast Home does a complete scan without problems, you don't have to buy the Pro version to have it.
The best things in life are free.

Offline Bluesman

• Avast Evangelist
  • Advanced Poster
  • Amiga Power!
All and all, I am getting fairly disgusted with avast! and NOT being able to do something which should be what I feel should be on the home edition.  What the hell good is doing a virus scan on your PC if you CANNOT run it all the way through without it stopping when it finds a virus!!!

I'm starting to look for now another anti-virus program that isn't going to charge me $40 just to do a complete system scan.   >:(

Well...I don't blame the avast-gang to only have some features in the Pro version, but the Home version of Avast! is still a damn good antivirus program...you can't just look at the missing features!

And as Tech said, you can do a complete scan with the Home version! Maybe you can scan the computer when you are awake and in front of the computer, and if Avast! shout something, you can act! And hopefully if you take care, you don't get so many virus on your computer in the future after your first scan of your hard discs, so you can continue using Avast! with it's great resident protection

And there is a 60-day trial version of the Pro version...maybe you can start with that, and start now saving cash for a licens after 2 month.

Hope you will stay with Avast!, but if you go, good luck finding another program if you decide to jump off the avast-train!

And another reason that you should keep Avast is that this support forum is GREAT, and you will get FAST responses of questions, and just reading the forum, will learn you that Avast! is a excellent antivirus program! :)
« Last Edit: September 06, 2008, 03:28:52 PM by Bluesman »
"The blues are the roots, everything else is the fruits" -Willie Dixon

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
Pause the Web Shield, just before you download the eicar test file, that will at least allow you to download it start the web sheld once it is downloaded.

The standard shield may alert depending on the type of eicar file you downloaded, select No Action so the file will be there on your HDD. Decide the folder where you want to place it, pause the standard shield and move it there. Start the standard shield once you are done.

A bit of a pain, but that is after all what the eicar test file is about, testing your AV, so you have to jump through some hoops to 'stop' your AV detecting it when you don't want it too.

With some patience (it takes a little time to learn how to use and any work around) you will find avast a very good AV, very configurable and relatively light on resources not to mention people bending over backwards to try and help you do what you want and all this for free.

If that doesn't persuade you to push through any minor issues, then good luck in your search for another free AV.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.4.6112 (build 24.4.9067.762) UI 1.0.803/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

wyrmrider

Re: How Can I Have avast! *Authomatically* Move a Virus to the Chest During a Sc
« Reply #18 on: September 06, 2008, 05:01:10 PM »
hummel

If there is a better AV for Windows 98-Me out there we 98 users do not know about it
post back if you find gold
what motherboard and cpu do you have and how much memory did you end up with
are we talking dimms here?
Out here in california we are finding p4s with a gb memory in the recycle

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
He is using XP.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.4.6112 (build 24.4.9067.762) UI 1.0.803/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security