Author Topic: Traditional! ! A process of the use of small shortcomings Summary (awaiting disc  (Read 5072 times)

wszgyy

Traditional! ! A process of the use of small shortcomings Summary (awaiting discussion ~~~~~)

PART I: that merits, Avast! Speaking of the history

World-renowned antivirus software Avast! From the Czech Republic in Europe, its research and development company ALWIL Software in April 1991 to set up, and in January 2007 to change the legal status of ALWIL Software as.

Although the company set up only until 1991, but its products from 1988 has already begun research and development and sales in the former Czechoslovakia. Avast! Is the company's flagship product, product sales since received numerous awards, important awards include:

Virus Bulletin 100, Secure Computing SC, award from DailySofts, certificate cleaner suggestsoft antivirus antispyware test, award downloadmost 5 stars, award 5 stars best vista download, award Windows Vista The official Magazine (German), award fivesign editors rate, award Virus Bulletin Windows Vista, award Virus Bulletin SUSE Linux, award softplatz 100% safe, Best Shareware award for Professional ed, Best Shareware award for PDA ed., Best Shareware award for Home ed, Softpedia Editor's review EXCELENT, Softdll CLEAN! Award, Softpedia 100% CLEAN Award, 100% CLEAN award granted by Softpedia, 100% Virus Bulletin award, Softodrom.ru five stars, German ZDNet, SC Awards 2006 Finalist, Best award Editor's Choice, Server SharewarePlaza awarded, Snapfiles award 2004, Award from ListSoft.ru, Five picks, Highest "Bugsy" award, Product of the Year for BART!, CNET Download.com 5 star rating, Five stars from TopShare.com, Palec (Thumb Up) from czech Computer magazine, 5 cows at Tucows, 5 stars at Webattack , 6 ducks at NoNags, ChipTip June 2003, ChipTip April 2003, ChipTip June 2001, The Clickx Keuze, ICSA Certified, Best local software product, PC-World magazine Top Product, Software News Product of the Year 1996, Chip awarded, IDG Test Centrum.

Now, with the continuous development of ALWIL Software, the company's products now covered by the U3 device to the server all platforms, flagship product, Avast! The global number of users has more than 60 million, and in the growing.

PART II: traditional! ! Humble Avast! The three flaws

Killing many in the soft, Avast! Located in simple, simple small cost to protect security, its purpose is:

Through the most simple way, the least cost to achieve the greatest degree of protection.
Namely: Realize maximal degree protection by the simplest way & minimal cost.

Therefore, compared to Kaspersky, BitDefender, F-Prot, Symentec Norton, such as the world's top anti-virus software, Avast! The occupancy rate of resources, the size of the installation are very small, so even a relatively low-old computer memory, running Avast! Will feel very smooth. But with the relative, Avast! And not more complex functions, such as Avast! Not the traditional sense of HIPS, built-in "blocking" and can not be fully effective against all types of viruses invasion, many of the monitoring system, only "paper (standard) Monitor" is the most fundamental module. Some people have asked me if I Avast! Close monitoring of all others, keep only "paper (standard) monitor," then you can guarantee security » My answer is yes, Avast! Monitoring of the many, only need to drive their "paper (standard) Monitor", to cover all other monitoring system.

Some of doubt: Avast! The page also need to monitor driving? » In fact, the principle is monitoring web pages on the web monitor flow, including JS script, Flash video, pictures, or if the virus is a Trojan Horse program, in IE cache (Content.IE), will leave scars Under normal circumstances, these malicious programs will not run, so after the adoption of the Comprehensive killing can be found these threats, so even if the monitoring is to capture the malicious programs, and is also the threat of not running, causing damage but there is the second The case is linked to a horse site, direct invasion of personal host to the executable (exe) in the form of viruses or Trojan horse to run, under such circumstances would damage the computer, but the damage caused on the premise that documents / procedures were Operation, then, Avast! "Document (standard) monitor" is running on the procedures of the police, thereby killing these pages virus.

Therefore, Avast! The monitoring system need only open a "paper (standard) Monitor", will be able to ensure that Avast! The greatest protection and seeking truth from facts that the creation of a "paper (standard) Monitor" Avast! On the equivalent of all the monitoring of all open Avast! The level of protection.

Through the above analysis, produced a Avast! The first flaw: the monitoring of integration. We do not V5 in luxury in a lot of improvement, but it really is a rather serious problem, had to pay attention;

Familiar with Avast! Their friends, "interceptor" sophisticated, but, Avast! "Interceptor" Based on the authority set up similar to the module, and the traditional sense or is poles apart from the HIPS, the objective that, Avast! "Interceptor" is a more powerful File Protection, the defense is now the overwhelming majority of viruses are very effective, but I still hope that Avast! To achieve a breakthrough in HIPS, and to join its monitoring of the "strength" settings, so that Avast! Better provide for the personal computer 3 D protection.

This formed a Avast! Another flaw: "blocker" does not have the full protection of 3 D, perhaps everyone on the Avast! HIPS into the integrity of the differences, but on me personally, I still hope that Avast! Adding more perfect HIPS protection technology.

The third flaw is that Avast! The document ignores much criticized system, which is to rule out the possibility of false positives, personal view, Avast! There is still a certain number of false positives, but to exclude false positives compared trouble, still very traditional "rule out the monitoring," "rule out killing" two song, in fact, this area can be further improved, is the introduction of a more perfect system "White list" technology, from a central location to achieve the exclusion of false positives, more humane and systematic. In addition, Avast! The global network has yet to be improved, adding similar to domestic "费尔托斯特security" software included in the "wrong reporting system" is a good idea, "费尔托斯特security" embedded "false positives reported System "Personally think that is more distinguished false positives immediate processing module, Avast! Can be ignored in improving the document be considered in the process of the improvement.

PART III: Finally…………

Finally, let us re-read out Avast! The slogan: Let us Protect you in the virus labyrinth! ! !

Personal Zhuoxian, only for Avast! Getting better and better.
I wait all Floor Light.

tortojed

Is this topic written in English? :-\

YoKenny

I'm waiting for the spam  ;D

olddog

Was there a question in there somewhere?

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
The best things in life are free.

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
I'm waiting for the spam  ;D

Snap, I was surprised not to see the odd link spam thrown in.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.3.6108 (build 24.3.8975.762) UI 1.0.801/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

Texas-Hansen

Anyone understand the OP?

ggf31416

Looks like an automatic translation from Chinese to English.
I think the OP is asking if the standard shield is enough to prevent infections from malicious web pages.
Also he wants improvements in the behavior blocker and easier reporting of false positives.
« Last Edit: October 05, 2008, 11:18:02 PM by ggf31416 »

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
Also he wants improvements in the behavior blocker
Promised to version 5...

and easier reporting of false positives.
Next version 4 update will have improvements in this way...

Offline havildar

Quite extraordinary.

The OP seems to give a brief history of the development of Avast, then proceeds to give a detailed analysis of its strengths and weaknesses and concludes with a few suggestions of his own as to how it might be improved.

I`m sure he means well but really, there are great chunks of it that I simply don`t recognise as communication in English language and are for that reason meaningless to me.

Sorry OP.  You will need to find a better translator.  May I ask what is your own language?
Windows XP Sp3 Home desktop, Windows 10 Pro laptop, Avast 17.8.2318 Free , Malwarebytes Anti-malware (free), SpywareBlaster. SuperAntispyware, WOT. Firefox Quantum.

Offline alanrf

• Avast Evangelist
  • Massive Poster
  • Just an avast user
Given the lack of participation by the OP ... what is the point of continuing this thread?

CharleyO

The original post was done nearly a month ago ......

Traditional! ! A process of the use of small shortcomings Summary (awaiting disc
« on: September 08, 2008, 02:04:10 PM »

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
Given the lack of participation by the OP ... what is the point of continuing this thread?
Fun? Joke? Posting hungriness? ;D