Author Topic: Help  (Read 10584 times)

shgoh

Re:Help
« Reply #15 on: April 08, 2004, 02:43:27 AM »
no worries and welcome to avast forums... ;D

Bagmaster50

« Reply #16 on: April 08, 2004, 04:12:10 AM »
She found me on Paltalk, she was having the same old problem of through scan not scanning archived files and needed to know how to turn it off.

Fungranny

« Reply #17 on: April 12, 2004, 03:44:17 PM »
Oh dear this morning I can it and now I get 42016 something about setup???? oh man alive ???

Offline pk

• Avast team
  • Super Poster
« Reply #18 on: April 12, 2004, 04:41:21 PM »
42016 means "File was not tested due engine configuration details" - I guess it says the file was not recognized by EXE/DOC/... content and it's not necessary to scan it. Avoid reporting it to your logs, you can look at task's properties (-> Report tab).

Fungranny

« Reply #19 on: April 12, 2004, 05:06:52 PM »
Well what should be checked I have Report File a check in Crete Report file Overwrite existing Task Start Task Stop Hard Errors Skipped Files Infected Files and Text file ???   So I guess I am confused...........isnt this program suppose to scan everything incase?  I mean I don't know of course would just think if it's working and has scanned everything once then that wouldn't be necessary..........but if it hasn't could something be inside one of those things it didn't scan?

Offline igor

• Avast team
  • Serious Graphoman
    • AVAST Software
« Reply #20 on: April 13, 2004, 09:54:16 AM »
avast! doesn't skip the files "randomly", of course - it has a reason for not scanning them. For example, if the files are too small to contain a virus (e.g. 5 bytes), it's not necessary to scan them. When avast! is set to scan executable files only, and the file is not identified as executable, it will not be scanned either.

So, I think the question should stand - how did you perform the scan? What were the settings/sensitivity you specified?

Fungranny

« Reply #21 on: April 13, 2004, 03:34:33 PM »
Oh dear well I am so confused now..........I installed the program as for the settings well Should I list the ones with check marks or without?  Lets do the ones without because everything else I think was the way I got it.....

Under Common Enable skins and Exit Explorer Extension

Appearance same as it came.

Confirmations Program Beta Version Warning

Language English

Sounds never touched

Logging Notice

Exclusions nothing

Update of course Automatic

Update Connections Dial up modem

Alerts well nobody explained this so I have none nothing here either

Under Reports I was told to put a check mark Overwrite Existing which I did

Now no checks in Ok Files Soft errors

And nothing in that SMTP

So is that not correct?  

I have scanned on line at several sites and have not found anything so the program must be doing it's job........What have I not done that I should have done?  I know this is a free program but it would be nice to understand exactly what I am or am not doing correctly.

Thanks