Author Topic: automatic scan at start up  (Read 4090 times)

scattergun

automatic scan at start up
« on: September 11, 2008, 02:53:01 AM »
I just downloaded this application and it is set to automatically scan at start up, I want to modify this so that I can select when to scan, how do I change this scan set up?

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
Re: automatic scan at start up
« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2008, 03:00:27 AM »
If you are referring to the initial long boot-time scan before windows boots, you needn't worry as this is a one shot deal, it happens if you allow it after installation. It doesn't happen on boots after that unless you schedule it and then again it only applies for the next boot only.

If this is what you mean then this is how you can select it if required.

If you have XP, vista32bit or Win2k, you could enable a boot time scan. Right click the avast icon, select Start avast! Antivirus, a memory scan will take place followed by the opening of the Simple User Interface, Menu, 'Schedule boot-time scan...' Or see http://www.digitalred.com/avast-boot-time.php.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.4.6112 (build 24.4.9067.762) UI 1.0.803/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
Re: automatic scan at start up
« Reply #2 on: September 11, 2008, 02:41:14 PM »
Are you using Windows XP/Vista?
If the scanning is coming all the times you boot, you can press F8 when starting Windows and select 'Last known good configuration' from the boot menu, the boot scan should not be started.
The best things in life are free.