Author Topic: Let programs through  (Read 7340 times)

sLysdal

Let programs through
« on: May 02, 2009, 02:49:51 PM »
How do i let a program through Avast Home?
i have this program and it says there is a virus, but i have to run it... and i know theres no virus... since i made it myself...

Offline Bluesman

• Avast Evangelist
  • Advanced Poster
  • Amiga Power!
Re: Let programs through
« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2009, 02:58:35 PM »
Welcome to the forum :)

You have to use the exclusion lists:

Standard Shield -> Customize -> Advanced -> Add

and

Program Settings -> Exclusions
"The blues are the roots, everything else is the fruits" -Willie Dixon

sLysdal

« Reply #2 on: May 02, 2009, 03:11:34 PM »
aww, thanks
i have tried to make it work for days..

Offline Bluesman

• Avast Evangelist
  • Advanced Poster
  • Amiga Power!
« Reply #3 on: May 02, 2009, 03:12:38 PM »
Your welcome :)
"The blues are the roots, everything else is the fruits" -Willie Dixon

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
« Reply #4 on: May 02, 2009, 05:38:13 PM »
How do i let a program through Avast Home?
i have this program and it says there is a virus, but i have to run it... and i know theres no virus... since i made it myself...

What you should do is submit it to avast for analysis and hopefully correction of the virus signature that detected it.

What was the malware name of the detection ?

Send the sample to virus@avast.com zipped and password protected with the password in email body, a link to this topic might help and possible false positive in the subject.

Or you can also add the file to the User Files (File, Add) section of the avast chest (if it isn't already there) where it can do no harm and send it from there. A copy of the file/s will remain in the original location, so you can still use under the exclusion.

Send it from the User Files section of the chest (select the file, right click, email to Alwil Software). It will be uploaded (not actually emailed) to avast when the next avast auto (or manual) update is done.

Periodically scan the copy in the chest (User Files section) and when it is no longer detected you can remove the exclusion.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.3.6108 (build 24.3.8975.762) UI 1.0.801/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security