Author Topic: Computer Loading Slow Since Update  (Read 19762 times)

Offline NeroMorte

Re: Computer Loading Slow Since Update
« Reply #15 on: September 16, 2008, 07:13:34 PM »
DavidR Right after i login i Open Task Manager Where it Takes long time to load CPU Across Board was all 00 Besides
System Idle Process was 99% i'm guess that is Idle meaning PC doin nothing?

I Think these are my Source of Slow Loading now what do you guys think an Application that Hangs can Cause something to load slow no while we wait for it's timeout hang?.

Type     Date     Time             Event     Source                             Category     Domain\User      
Error     9/16/2008    10:35:00 AM    7022            Service Control Manager    None            N/A
Description: The Windows Image Acquisition (WIA) service hung on starting.

Error     9/16/2008    10:33:34 AM    7000      Service Control Manager    None            N/A
Description: "The DS1410D service failed to start due to the following error:
The system cannot find the file specified.
"

Error     9/16/2008    10:33:21 AM    10005    DCOM                            None         \SYSTEM
Description: "DCOM got error ""%1058"" attempting to start the service IISADMIN with arguments """"
in order to run the server:
{A9E69610-B80D-11D0-B9B9-00A0C922E750}"

Warning    9/16/2008    10:32:40 AM    18            BTHUSB                            None            N/A
Description: Windows cannot store Bluetooth link keys on the local transceiver because it cannot determine whether proper security is enabled for the device.

Error            9/16/2008    10:32:05 AM    10005    DCOM                            None            \SYSTEM
Description: "DCOM got error ""%1084"" attempting to start the service EventSystem with arguments """"
in order to run the server:
{1BE1F766-5536-11D1-B726-00C04FB926AF}"

I Doubt it's what System loads on startup because it does not load much.

Name: Monitor Apache Servers
Path: C:\webserver\bin\apache2.2.8\bin\ApacheMonitor.exe

Name: SpybotSD TeaTimer
Path: C:\Program Files\Spybot - Search & Destroy\TeaTimer.exe

Name: BgMonitor_{79662E04-7C6C-4d9f-84C7-88D8A56B10AA}
Path: "C:\Program Files\Common Files\Ahead\Lib\NMBgMonitor.exe"

Name: SoundMan
Path: SOUNDMAN.EXE

Name: nwiz
Path: nwiz.exe /install

Name: NvMediaCenter
Path: RUNDLL32.EXE C:\WINDOWS\system32\NvMcTray.dll,NvTaskbarInit

Name: NvCplDaemon
Path: RUNDLL32.EXE C:\WINDOWS\system32\NvCpl.dll,NvStartup

Name: NeroFilterCheck
Path: C:\Program Files\Common Files\Ahead\Lib\NeroCheck.exe

Name: MULTIMEDIA KEYBOARD
Path: C:\Program Files\Netropa\Multimedia Keyboard\MMKeybd.exe

Name: Cmaudio
Path: RunDll32 cmicnfg.cpl,CMICtrlWnd

I Tried Loading into Safe Mode System Did load Quick

Texas-hansen:

I Tried disabling all Startup stuff because thats what a Clean boot does even during Clean boot system still loaded slow.

So i Heavy Thinking it's not a program Rather Something with windows. Windows has been giving me a shyt load of updates.

I Been Google them Services Errors and Many People Report When WIA Hangs that there system takes 5 mins to boot.

I'm guess now thats my problem only how to fix =) hehe sorry i thought it was Avast, and i Thank you for Helping me determine what it was now i just have to find a Fix

I Just want to Point to anyone have Similar problem Disabling Windows Image Acquisition (WIA) System Loads Quick Again. Now if i Find a Fix so that WIA can be enabled i will Post it here.
« Last Edit: September 16, 2008, 07:44:02 PM by NeroMorte »

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
« Reply #16 on: September 16, 2008, 08:50:50 PM »
I used to get the occasional WIA error in the event viewer on my old system, but it didn't appear to impact on my boot duration.

Unfortunately I'm at a loss as to what it might be or its solution.

The WIA service you could try setting it to manual start and see if a) something starts it on boot or b) if it remains unstarted after boot; mine is set to manual and currently it isn't started.

I guess it depends on what other hardware you have loaded if it is needed or not.

Provides image acquisition services for scanners and cameras.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.2.6105 (build 24.2.8918.824) UI 1.0.799/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

Offline NeroMorte

« Reply #17 on: September 16, 2008, 10:01:27 PM »
Yea i have a Printer that is Scanner/Print/Fax/Camera Docking So i Need the WIA i don't mind starting it when i need to use them so i took your advice.

I Set the WIA to Manual and system loads quick again.

Got me on that one i looked on Microsoft.com Site Found:

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;823612
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;819017&Product=winxp

It appears something with the WIA and Incorrect Drivers make system load slow i Have a dell print so i went to dell and downloaded newest drivers still didn't fix problem i may call dell and yell at them. =)

Lolz anyways Thanks again Setting Service WIA to Manual did fix problem and it boots fine now.

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
« Reply #18 on: September 16, 2008, 10:24:52 PM »
You're welcome.

Manual is a safer setting as it only loads when required, and you shouldn't actually have to start it yourself (I believe), when you start up your scanner/printer, etc. that should start the WIA service, at least that is my understanding of it. Though if not it isn't a big deal to start it.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.2.6105 (build 24.2.8918.824) UI 1.0.799/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security