Author Topic: Avast Schedule boot time scan...hibernate  (Read 3744 times)

J_Thug

Avast Schedule boot time scan...hibernate
« on: September 12, 2008, 08:25:46 AM »
I have Vista 32-bit.  I always manually Schedule boot time scan with all my PC's.  My vista PC goes into Hibernate after about 40minutes into scanning.  My XP PC's stay on and finish scanning.

Is this because of Vista?  Uhm the computer hasn't really loaded vista yet when its on Boot Time Scan, I don't know why it hibernates and If I try to bring it back from hibernate the screen is blank.  I have to hard boot to get everything back. 

Thanks

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
Re: Avast Schedule boot time scan...hibernate
« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2008, 02:25:53 PM »
Isn't the problem a BIOS configuration (energy saving) that hibernates the notebook (I suppose you're using one...).

Can you see any info in the boot-time scan report file? (Avast4\DATA\report\aswBoot.txt)
The best things in life are free.

J_Thug

« Reply #2 on: September 17, 2008, 04:47:32 PM »
It's on a Desktop...  I will to configure power management to "Never" hibernate/shut down.  I'll report back with results

thanks

Texas-Hansen

« Reply #3 on: September 17, 2008, 05:02:55 PM »
You will want to avoid using hybernation mode and instead, use sleep mode, which puts the computer into a low power state and allows programs to run in the background or wake up the system to do certain things.  Works very well.  Here's some information on sleep and hybernation modes:  http://www.vistax64.com/tutorials/63567-power-options-sleep-mode-problems.html

J_Thug

« Reply #4 on: September 17, 2008, 05:14:09 PM »
I will try that

thank you