Author Topic: Web protection  (Read 4817 times)

todakure

Web protection
« on: September 22, 2008, 08:06:57 PM »
good afternoon!

I'm having trouble that the avast anti-virus does not leave the system for connecting the work Caixa Economica Federal (cmt.caixa.gov.br) I have to disable the avast, for the same work, has some way to make he did not check this site?  ???

boa tarde!!!

Estou com problemas para que o avast anti-virus não deixa o sistema de conexão da caixa economica federal funcionar (cmt.caixa.gov.br) eu tenho que desativar o avast, para que o mesmo funcione, tem alguma forma de fazer com que ele nao verifique esse site ? ???

Online DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
Re: Web protection
« Reply #1 on: September 22, 2008, 08:28:07 PM »
What is your firewall ?
Have (or did) you another AV installed in this system, if so what was it and how did you get rid of it ?

Are you able to browse other pages OK ?

If so what is different about this page/s, e.g.
1. Is this page one that you have to log on to ?
2, Is the page an normal HTTP page or HTTPS (secure) ?

Don't disable avast completely, Terminate only the Web Shield.

Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.2.6105 (build 24.2.8918.824) UI 1.0.799/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

todakure

« Reply #2 on: September 22, 2008, 08:49:07 PM »
the firewall is a Linux server

more it is functioning normally, is not damaging the connection

I do this logon page with a digital certificate, it uses http and https

how do I turn off the web shield only for this site

o firewall é um servidor linux

mais ele esta funcionando normal, não está prejudicando a conexão

eu faço logon nesta pagina com um certificado digital, ela usa http e https

como eu desativo o web shield só para esse site

Online DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
« Reply #3 on: September 22, 2008, 10:34:09 PM »
Well firstly the web shield doesn't scan HTTPS pages as they are encrypted, the problem arises when you move between HTTP to HTTPS and back to HTTP as there will be parameters passed between these pages.

There is a similar issue like this with Zone Alarm Pro with its privacy function as it stops this transfer of parameters through the web shield proxy (localhost port 12080) and when you try to load the end page it is expecting these parameters and without them the page fails to load.

Now I have no idea how your Linux server filters traffic traffic in a similar way to the above, but I don't know if simply excluding the page would work as a) we don't know the page that is causing the problem and b) the traffic would still be filtered through the web shield proxy, just not scanned. So I don't know if it would work see below.

I don't know if you can set your Linux server/firewall to allow ashWebSv.exe and any localhost traffic on port 12080.

Exclusion/Ignored:
There are two options the first I think will be the most promising.
1. Web Shield, Customize, Basic tab, Ignored Addresses: enter the IP address for the domain. Whilst this is likely to work it does leave a hole in the defences as it ignores all pages on the site.
2. Web Shield, Customize, Exceptions tab, Add... button enter the URL address for the page you wish exclude/not to scan. I personally don't think this is going to work as there isn't a scanning problem but one of the parameters not being passed (and that isn't down to avast as it isn't a blocker).
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.2.6105 (build 24.2.8918.824) UI 1.0.799/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #4 on: September 22, 2008, 11:49:44 PM »
todakure, did you have success on managing the URL exception?
avast shouldn't have been messing your HTTPS connection to that site, it only scans the HTTP traffic.
Which is your operational system and browser?
Which was your previous antivirus?
The best things in life are free.

todakure

« Reply #5 on: September 23, 2008, 04:31:07 PM »
Davidr,

The alternatives presented by you apparently are giving result, I had a little progress, however the site is not working yet, I have to see what are the IP addresses that are not scanned  :)

Tech,

Windows XP
IE 7
Always use avast as anti virus

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #6 on: September 23, 2008, 04:38:37 PM »
Tech,

Windows XP
IE 7
Always use avast as anti virus
Very strange that you couldn't being able to login... avast should block nothing... are you using any anti-popup? Any firewall?

todakure

« Reply #7 on: September 23, 2008, 04:48:39 PM »
Tech,

anti-popup is the same IE 7 and Windows XP firewall and even a line of reasoning of davidr is what I think is happening, you already use the system of Caixa Economica Federal, social connectivity?
you live in Brazil?

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #8 on: September 23, 2008, 05:32:56 PM »
you already use the system of Caixa Economica Federal, social connectivity?
No.

you live in Brazil?
Yes.

Online DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
« Reply #9 on: September 23, 2008, 06:04:53 PM »
Davidr,
The alternatives presented by you apparently are giving result, I had a little progress, however the site is not working yet, I have to see what are the IP addresses that are not scanned  :)
<snip>

What is the little progress that you had ?

I am able to display the first page (see image 1), but obviously I have no logon user name or password so can't go further.

However, I do get a digital signature error (expired, see image 2), so I don't know if this might also have an impact. Though I don't even know it is has anything to do with the site.
« Last Edit: September 23, 2008, 06:06:38 PM by DavidR »