Author Topic: Moving to Chest  (Read 2713 times)

rgettens

Moving to Chest
« on: September 21, 2008, 11:51:36 PM »
When I do a scan, I liek to run it overnight since it takes a while.  However, when a threat is discovered, it displays a dialog of what to do with it.  I thought there was a way to move threats automatically to the chest.  Is this true, and if so, where do I make that setting?
Thanks,
RG

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
Re: Moving to Chest
« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2008, 11:55:15 PM »
No, only in Professional version (see picture here: http://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=13315.msg112285#msg112285).

In Home version you can check the option "Don't show this window again" as soon as the first virus warning appears, and click on "No action" button. This way, nothing will be done and you will be presented the results at the end (and you can perform actions from there).

Well, that's the way it is, I am afraid; you may call it a limitation of the Home Edition of avast!. In the Professional Edition, you can configure the task to perform automatic actions (or, don't do anything).
In the Home version, you may check the "Don't show again" checkbox in the Virus warning dialog - but only after the first virus has been found (because you won't see the virus dialog until then).
The best things in life are free.

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
Re: Moving to Chest
« Reply #2 on: September 22, 2008, 12:57:11 AM »
Apart from what Tech said - Over time this will become less of an issue, as the resident, on-access scanners are designed to intercept infection before it gets into your system. So on-demand scans shouldn't pick up much.

- There was one suggestion to place something like the eicar virus test file at the start of the first drive to be scanned in a file like ~a-eicar.com that should soon be detected and you can do the actions Tech mentioned.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.2.6105 (build 24.2.8918.824) UI 1.0.799/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security