Author Topic: WINDOWS DOES NOT UPGRADE  (Read 1991 times)

loucinder

WINDOWS DOES NOT UPGRADE
« on: September 26, 2008, 01:52:58 AM »
Whenever Avast sends me notices that I can up-grade, and after doing so, windows sends a message at reboot that it can not up-grade %1 to %2 and that windows may not run properly.  Usually my PC will freeze and I eventually have to shut down as it is the only thing I can do.

I have Windows ME and use Avast 4.7 Home Edition (VPS file 080925-0).  AMD Duron(tm) processor, 192.0MB RAM.  I increased the RAM myself because I added a burner to my pc and had to increase the RAM.

Any help to solve my problem would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
Re: WINDOWS DOES NOT UPGRADE
« Reply #1 on: September 26, 2008, 02:20:29 AM »
Your program version is way out of date (4.8.1229 is the latest) and that may be what is stopping avast updating.

Download the latest version of avast http://www.avast.com/eng/download-avast-home.html and save it to your HDD, somewhere you can find it again. Use that when you reinstall.

Once you have the latest version downloaded, disconnect from the internet, uninstall avast, reboot, install the latest version, reboot.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.3.6108 (build 24.3.8975.762) UI 1.0.801/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
Re: WINDOWS DOES NOT UPGRADE
« Reply #2 on: September 26, 2008, 04:36:30 PM »
I suggest an installation from the scratch:

1. Uninstall avast from Control Panel first.
2. Boot.
3. Download the latest version of Avast Uninstall and use it for complete uninstallation.
4. Boot.
5. Install again the latest avast! version.
6. Boot.
7. Check and post the results.
The best things in life are free.