Author Topic: A DANGEROUS VIRUS can anyone help ??!!  (Read 17365 times)

sameeer_45

A DANGEROUS VIRUS can anyone help ??!!
« on: September 26, 2008, 09:54:32 PM »
i found a DANGEROUS VIRUS in the internet its called more than one name such as

antivirus  2008         antispyware 2008     anti maleware 2008   

note

((( if you following that VIR steps such as your system  is in abig damaged and believe it your system will

be in the cemetery

so you need to install anew system )))

my avast home and pro deleat his data base    but the big   problem  is

this VIR   has   install  notify  in my system tray which talking about there is a problem  in my system safety center but when i open it i found there is no proplem there 

so i  know  after that it was that  Stupid  virus

can anyone tell me how remove that pro

ardvark

Re: A DANGEROUS VIRUS can anyone help ??!!
« Reply #1 on: September 26, 2008, 10:02:10 PM »
Hi...

You can first try a program called "Rogue Remover." You can find it here...

http://www.majorgeeks.com/RogueRemover_d5360.html

If that doesn't fix it, you can try Tech's regimen here...

http://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=38871.0

Scroll down to the third post and follow the instructions. :)

Best Regards...

Offline havildar

« Reply #2 on: September 27, 2008, 12:18:45 AM »
I don`t think this is a virus but the name does change and it may call itself several different things in order to create maximum confusion.

You might want to check out this page in BleepingComputers which recommends the use of the MalwareBytes Anti-Malware removal tool (scroll down) and if that fails to do the job completely, a Hijack This log:

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/malware-removal/remove-antivirus-xp-2008
Windows XP Sp3 Home desktop, Windows 10 Pro laptop, Avast 17.8.2318 Free , Malwarebytes Anti-malware (free), SpywareBlaster. SuperAntispyware, WOT. Firefox Quantum.

ardvark

« Reply #3 on: September 27, 2008, 12:28:21 AM »
You might want to check out this page in BleepingComputers which recommends the use of the MalwareBytes Anti-Malware removal tool (scroll down) and if that fails to do the job completely, a Hijack This log

Hi...

This was covered in my initial reply when I said use "Tech's regimen" and gave the link. ;)

Best Regards...
« Last Edit: September 27, 2008, 12:47:57 AM by ardvark »

wyrmrider

« Reply #4 on: September 27, 2008, 12:52:25 AM »
Go Step by step
Tech's method is very similar to other will known ones on the web
Virius if any have to be knocked down first
rt click the avast ball and update>programs  just in case
then
open avast and schedule the boot time scan
move any hits to the chest do not delete/ remove
POST THE LOG

then MBAM   update, scan, check each baddie then click REMOVE CHECKED
post log  Free
While at the Malwarebytes.org site update and run rogue Remover Free
do not stop  MBAM get's most of this infection but there are some new versions that are tough

SAS  update scan clean Quarantine  Free
post log but edit out cookies 

That's a start
do you have any other scanners like Spybot?- any hits recently?

sameeer_45

« Reply #5 on: September 28, 2008, 08:20:07 AM »
;D  thanks to every one  ;D

by the way

Mr.havildar 

you say it doesnt a DANG  VIR   i think you talking about another VIR

because i fall in its trap in 6 month ago

i didnt know in that time it was a VIR

so i following its steps and did you know what did i got from it

that stupid VIR has inst  it self in my COMP  background  and more than 300 mal spy vir file in my COMP

when i try to close it 

it is gaven me a Q to REG this PRO

after that i cant remove it from my COMP so i havent any option  EXP anew OS

ttthhhaaannnkkkssss to you

« Last Edit: September 28, 2008, 08:37:17 AM by sameeer_45 »

ardvark

« Reply #6 on: September 28, 2008, 04:49:20 PM »
Hi sameeer_45...

I'm not sure what is meant in your last post. ???

Are you referring to MalwareBytes? It should uninstall just fine without having to register it. If Malwarebytes, for whatever reason, can't completely take care of the infection, there are other programs listed in the link provided in my initial post. MalwareBytes isn't rogue software or a virus as I have used it myself to help take care of an infection on a neighbor's system. No one on this forum is knowingly going to advocate or inform others to use rogue software.

Furthermore, havildar, like everyone else here, took the time to post to try and help you, he doesn't get paid for it. He is a fellow user on here, just like you and I. Whatever problem you are having doesn't mean the information he provided is wrong. Actually, the information he gave in his link is sound. Please be respectful. ::)

If I have misunderstood your meaning, please let me know.

Best Regards...
« Last Edit: September 28, 2008, 05:14:48 PM by ardvark »

Offline havildar

« Reply #7 on: September 29, 2008, 12:01:59 AM »
ardvark,

Thank you for your defence of my post.  As you have said, the link was genuine and I would never knowingly give false or deceitful information in a situation of this kind. The removal tool from MalwareBytes has been proven to be effective in cases where Antivirus XP 2008 (or some other of its several similar names) needs to be removed, though I am aware that there are variations of it that are more difficult to shift and a Hijack This log and a trip to a malware removal forum will be necessary.

Windows XP Sp3 Home desktop, Windows 10 Pro laptop, Avast 17.8.2318 Free , Malwarebytes Anti-malware (free), SpywareBlaster. SuperAntispyware, WOT. Firefox Quantum.

Offline havildar

« Reply #8 on: September 29, 2008, 12:23:01 AM »
sameeer_45,

You have clearly misunderstood several things but be aware of this:

1. I said Antivirus XP 2008 is not a virus.  It isn`t.  It is a rogue or false anti-virus program designed to scare people into thinking their computers are infected, when they are not.
It`s purpose is to deceive and extract money from computer users.

2. I don`t know what you have installed on your computer but whatever it is you are describing it isn`t MalwareBytes Anti-Malware which is a respected anti-malware program. To say that it has forced into installing a new OS is ridiculous.

3. Finally, I my honest opinion, your attitude is both deplorable and offensive.

Jeleal

« Reply #9 on: September 29, 2008, 02:41:05 AM »
I am believer in Avast but I'm not sure it can detect this rogue program. Avira does, but I'm not sure the free version will.

http://www.avira.com/en/security_news/faked_anti-virus_solution.html
« Last Edit: September 29, 2008, 02:44:37 AM by Jeleal »

wyrmrider

« Reply #10 on: September 29, 2008, 03:36:47 AM »
Ths series of infections is morphing so fast that no one program can claim to be first to detect every new version
No one program can claim to detect all versions early in the infection cycle
An id of what version is present is necessary for removal especialy those with ZLOB and other co- mingled infections
Just because HJT (or Avast or--- (put name off favorite program here) shows clear does not meant that there is not an infector or rootkit present

ardvark

« Reply #11 on: September 29, 2008, 04:15:00 AM »
Thank you for your defence of my post. 

You're welcome. :)

I do hope reconciliation and understanding will come of this.

Best Regards...

Offline havildar

« Reply #12 on: September 29, 2008, 12:05:25 PM »
ardvark,

Whether reconciliation and understanding will come of this remains to be seen, though I`ve read sameeer_45`s posts again in order to try and decypher exactly what it is that he is saying.

He seems to be taking exception my statement that Antivirus XP 2008 is not a virus or DANG VIR as he calls it. Six months ago he has fallen into the classic trap of believing the fake alerts and having installed this malware on his computer, has been plagued by demands for cash to licence it, and cannot find a way to get rid of it, short of re-installing his OS.

He is not, I think, referring to Malwarebytes Anti-Malware at all and seems to be unaware that "thanks to you" will be taken as a sarcastic comment, attributing the blame for his problems entirely to me.

Without wishing to sound patronising, I suspect his problems are as much due to an inadequate grasp of English as to anything else, and I have failed to make allowance for that in my response.

Best regards ...

Offline havildar

« Reply #13 on: September 29, 2008, 12:10:05 PM »
Jeleal,

Thanks for that. I think you`re right.  According to this comparison chart , Avira free has no anti-spyware component:

http://www.free-av.de/en/products/1/avira_antivir_personal__free_antivirus.html

Offline havildar

« Reply #14 on: September 29, 2008, 12:16:46 PM »
wyrmrider,

I would like to think Avast! is on to this one too, altough I can`t find any official statement to that effect.

I know that SpywareBlaster has it listed in the Restricted Sites section of the program, and hopefully that will stop it before it can install itself.