Author Topic: A DANGEROUS VIRUS can anyone help ??!!  (Read 17401 times)

timcan

Re: A DANGEROUS VIRUS can anyone help ??!!
« Reply #15 on: September 29, 2008, 03:13:56 PM »
I am believer in Avast but I'm not sure it can detect this rogue program. Avira does, but I'm not sure the free version will.

http://www.avira.com/en/security_news/faked_anti-virus_solution.html
Hi, :) avast home detects it at least since 09/19 update.

Offline havildar

« Reply #16 on: September 29, 2008, 06:37:42 PM »
Thanks timcan,

I`m impressed by the screenshot ... "a picture paints a thousand words"?

The entry "Antivirus-abc" refers to whichever version of Antivirus XP 2008 that Avast! has caught, does it?

Is there a list anywhere of the nasties that Avast! is programmed to detect or is such a thing not available to ordinary users?
Windows XP Sp3 Home desktop, Windows 10 Pro laptop, Avast 17.8.2318 Free , Malwarebytes Anti-malware (free), SpywareBlaster. SuperAntispyware, WOT. Firefox Quantum.

timcan

« Reply #17 on: September 29, 2008, 06:51:51 PM »

Is there a list anywhere of the nasties that Avast! is programmed to detect or is such a thing not available to ordinary users?

http://www.avast.com/eng/vps_history.html
Hi, hope this helps, tim

ardvark

« Reply #18 on: September 29, 2008, 07:02:37 PM »
He is not, I think, referring to Malwarebytes Anti-Malware at all and seems to be unaware that "thanks to you" will be taken as a sarcastic comment, attributing the blame for his problems entirely to me.

Hi Havildar...

You might be right, hence my comments, "Are you referring to MalwareBytes," and "If I have misunderstood your meaning, please let me know." It can be extremely hard trying to decipher meanings on a written forum that includes folks whose native tongue is not English. I should have confirmed first if the sarcasm was intended. This was my mistake and one that I apologize for to all concerned. :(

Best Regards...

sameeer_45

« Reply #19 on: September 29, 2008, 09:34:32 PM »
thanks to everyone

and if i make trouble to anyone  especially to you Mr.havildar

than i ask all of you to  forgive me

thanks to everyone

and

Peace be upon evryone
[/color]

wyrmrider

« Reply #20 on: September 29, 2008, 10:17:50 PM »
peace-love and spywareblaster

spywareblaster restricted sites prevents Internet explorer (only) from connecting to those sites
there are lots of other paths for this malware to take including P2P and IM
some even set up their own servers on your system
given the above it is still valuable but not unbeatable

Spywareblster is best known, however, for setting the kill bit in Active X baddies

a Hosts file is similar but also blocks for Firefox and other programs trying to access the internet, so too is valuable

Spybot Immunize adds baddies to all three categories and is very easy to use as is Spywareblaster
Spybot Immunize and Spywareblaster compliment Avast and do not conflict
(there are lots of other programs which deal with these protection, no slight intended)

ardvark

« Reply #21 on: September 29, 2008, 11:54:40 PM »
and if i make trouble to anyone  especially to you Mr.havildar

than i ask all of you to  forgive me

Hi Sameeer...

Likewise, if I have misunderstood your meaning and intention, then I wish to apologize to you and to ask your forgiveness as well. :)
I confess I didn't take into consideration the fact that English is not your primary language when responding to your post. I was pretty hasty in my judgement and should have taken the time to clarify your meaning. :(

You're more than forgiven (if there was anything to forgive in the first place) and I hope (and ask) that you will come back again should you have further problems. :)

May God Bless you!

Best Regards...

Offline havildar

« Reply #22 on: September 30, 2008, 12:10:19 AM »
Hi timcan,

Thanks for that.  I`m appalled and impressed at the same time. There are hundreds of `em!
Windows XP Sp3 Home desktop, Windows 10 Pro laptop, Avast 17.8.2318 Free , Malwarebytes Anti-malware (free), SpywareBlaster. SuperAntispyware, WOT. Firefox Quantum.

Offline havildar

« Reply #23 on: September 30, 2008, 12:13:17 AM »
sameeer_45,

Apology accepted ... a misunderstanding, I think, nothing more.

Peace be on you also.

Offline havildar

« Reply #24 on: September 30, 2008, 12:23:00 AM »
wyrmrider,

Information re. SpywareBlaster and Spybot understood and noted ... thank you.

Offline havildar

« Reply #25 on: September 30, 2008, 12:31:12 AM »
ardvark,

"Blessed are the peacemakers: for they shall be called the children of God."

I hope I`ve got it right ... for once :-)

Jeleal

« Reply #26 on: September 30, 2008, 02:09:47 AM »
Jeleal,

Thanks for that. I think you`re right.  According to this comparison chart , Avira free has no anti-spyware component:

http://www.free-av.de/en/products/1/avira_antivir_personal__free_antivirus.html

Your welcome.

ardvark

« Reply #27 on: September 30, 2008, 05:18:14 AM »
"Blessed are the peacemakers: for they shall be called the children of God."

I hope I`ve got it right ... for once :-)

Hi Havildar...

Amen :)

Matthew 5:9

The Beatitudes

And anyone who confesses Jesus as his/her Lord and Savior and obeys our Father in heaven (Matthew 7:21) DEFINATELY has got it right! :)

May God Bless you and everyone else here on this site as well...

Best Regards...

PapaSmurf

« Reply #28 on: September 30, 2008, 05:53:06 AM »
Well, I have to think that if Jesus used windows,
he would probably trash IE and use FireFox instead.
He would load NoSCript and AdBlock Plus, use avast! in the backround,
and have Malwarebytes' at his finger tips along with Spybot.
He would trust the messages that his set up gave him, especialy the ones from NoScript telling him that scripts were blocked.
He would also SCAN everything downloaded..(oh, wait, avast! is doing that already), and lastly he would keep his system updated.

I know that seems overly simple, but even us ubber download geeks need to be reminded of the basics every once in awhile.
I purposely back my system up, then expose it to items that I see in the respectable posts such as this one.
avast! does work. So does NoScript with-in firefox. Malwarebytes and Spybot are two of my all time favs, keep em updated and they work too.
I guess in the end, if you have the tools loaded, you should trust them. If warnings pop up, don't just close the window, read it.
Amen
You can all be seated now  :P 

sameeer_45

« Reply #29 on: October 28, 2008, 09:44:12 PM »
ok everyone i will exeplain what happend to my computer system in 6 month ago very very simply

1 - download avast + update
2 - searching for wanted program
3 - finding zip file for that program and download it
4 - extract that zip file and avast detect that stupid VIR in that zip file so i let him to delete it
5 - finishing my searching and goingto shutdown my computer, but when i close my web browser window i see that stupid VIR has put a shortcut icon on my desktop and called it XP ANTIVIRUS
6 - clicking that stupid shortcut icon and the biggest problem has been started
7 - after clicking that icon , XP ANTIVIRUS has been starting install itself in my computer
8 - avast detect that is VIR installing and caution me and i let him to delete that but he didnt block the VIR installing
9 - when i tried to uninstall that stupid VIR , it asked me to regester that program.
     so i tried avast scheduling but nothing happend.
10 - i am tiring from that proplem so i install another xp in my computer

SO EVERYONE THAT WHAT HAPPEND TO ME

And I ask everyone who is expirtin this problems kind to answer my this Q’s

A - why didnt avast block that installing?
B - if avast delete the virus from the beginning why that shortcut icon let that VIR enter my computer after deleting it by avast  ((( i think it because i didnt remove that VIR to AVAST CHEST from the beginning because i delete it )))