Author Topic: newbie--- wer do viruses and trojan came from???  (Read 6944 times)

jisuna23

newbie--- wer do viruses and trojan came from???
« on: September 28, 2008, 06:59:40 AM »
beside stealing and scam, why do people make viruses?
what is their reason
is there anything behind these viruses? ::)

mansrm81

Re: newbie--- wer do viruses and trojan came from???
« Reply #1 on: September 28, 2008, 07:09:03 AM »
To be a$$holes

CharleyO

« Reply #2 on: September 28, 2008, 09:50:59 AM »

The dollar marks tell the story.

jisuna23

« Reply #3 on: September 28, 2008, 11:24:45 AM »

The dollar marks tell the story.

ok, i get what you meant to say! now i know!
i know i'm right!

Texas-Hansen

« Reply #4 on: September 28, 2008, 02:24:08 PM »
Organized crime is actually the biggest promulgator of viruses and other computer nasties. Again, money being the motivator. 

YoKenny

« Reply #5 on: September 28, 2008, 02:49:19 PM »
There needs to be someone like J. Edgar Hoover to take charge to remove the Organized crime element  ;D

jisuna23

« Reply #6 on: September 28, 2008, 02:54:56 PM »
Organized crime is actually the biggest promulgator of viruses and other computer nasties. Again, money being the motivator. 

i just wanna know...
hehehehe...
do antiviruses companies have something to do with this...
not being dumb..
just wanna know...

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
« Reply #7 on: September 28, 2008, 04:22:10 PM »
Why would genuine antivirus/security companies put their company reputation and future on the line by creating malware, when there are more than enough viruses and malware to keep them all in work.

There are some rogue applications that report your system infected when it isn't, but that too is down to $$$ money as they want to scare you into buying their solution or visit the web site and get properly infected.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.3.6108 (build 24.3.8975.762) UI 1.0.801/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

YoKenny

« Reply #8 on: September 28, 2008, 10:09:28 PM »

i just wanna know...
hehehehe...
do antiviruses companies have something to do with this...
not being dumb..
just wanna know...
Hardly a month goes by without the conspiracy theorist has to awaken from its wee nap and post their drivel:
http://redwing.hutman.net/~mreed/warriorshtm/klaxon.htm

tonysin

« Reply #9 on: September 28, 2008, 10:28:33 PM »

How does infecting my PC with a virus make money for organized crime?

Offline Pondus

• Probably Bot
  • Not a avast user
« Reply #10 on: September 28, 2008, 11:11:15 PM »

jisuna23

« Reply #11 on: September 29, 2008, 03:11:15 PM »
Why would genuine antivirus/security companies put their company reputation and future on the line by creating malware, when there are more than enough viruses and malware to keep them all in work.

There are some rogue applications that report your system infected when it isn't, but that too is down to $$$ money as they want to scare you into buying their solution or visit the web site and get properly infected.

ur right but...
isnt that possible...
they can $$ those criminals not to tell their secrets...
they can clean most complicated viruses why not their names...ryt..
im not judging but, that's a possibility...

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
« Reply #12 on: September 29, 2008, 04:41:29 PM »
There comes a point when you have to trust some one or you might as well sell your computer.

I'm sorry but what you are suggesting is crazy and I really don't see your point in going down this route, other than to possibly be controversial but I shan't be wasting any more time on it.

Your conspiracy theory would need to cover all the other AV and security companies detecting new malware and trying to track its source. So the more people/companies involved the less likelihood that that conspiracy would exist.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.3.6108 (build 24.3.8975.762) UI 1.0.801/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

Texas-Hansen

« Reply #13 on: September 29, 2008, 04:47:31 PM »

How does infecting my PC with a virus make money for organized crime?

Well, there are many examples of how criminals use virus and similar bad things to make money.  A few are keyloggers that track your key strokes for user id and passwords for financial accounts and then send that information to the criminal so he/she can make use of it and your money.  Another example is a website hacked to look like the real deal but when you make a purchase, you just put money in the criminal's hands instead of the real company.  I'm sure others who are much more knowledgable about all this can point to other instances.   

jisuna23

« Reply #14 on: September 30, 2008, 03:56:03 PM »
I'm sorry but what you are suggesting is crazy and I really don't see your point in going down this route,

actually, i was not really planning to go down this route... it just happen that.. i replied to some of the viewers... im not giving a point actually, i was just asking...its just not clear...END