Author Topic: [Resolved]Free avast and Outlook 2010  (Read 4655 times)

Offline nobility

• The Family Historian
[Resolved]Free avast and Outlook 2010
« on: September 23, 2010, 05:54:43 PM »
Is the problem of the splash screen not showing and no logging of email scans when using Outlook 2010 and the free avast going to be fixed soon? Or are we forced to buy the pro or internet security version now? If this will be in the next version -- when will that be! There does not seem to be a clear explanation anywhere on this forum!
« Last Edit: September 24, 2010, 04:15:21 PM by nobility »
Windows 10 Home  - Avast Free

k.u.r.t

Re: Free avast and Outlook 2010
« Reply #1 on: September 24, 2010, 08:41:18 AM »
Is the problem of the splash screen not showing and no logging of email scans when using Outlook 2010 and the free avast going to be fixed soon? Or are we forced to buy the pro or internet security version now? If this will be in the next version -- when will that be! There does not seem to be a clear explanation anywhere on this forum!
Welcome to the forum,
would you please care to express yourself more clearly? What it is that you are having problems with? What did you expect and what happened?

Outlook 2010 does not show the splash screen, but your email should still be scanned for viruses. The splash screen was a part of a plugin using Outlook exchange extension technology, which is no longer supported by the newest Outlook version. The mail shield is still running however.

Offline nobility

• The Family Historian
« Reply #2 on: September 24, 2010, 01:54:57 PM »
How can I express myself more clearly - there is no splash screen and AVAST shows no scanning of emails in the MAIL SHIELD - even though it is running.. how do we know that it is actually scanning emails -- this has been noted in other posts -- I am running 5.0.677 of avst and it is updated each day -- I consider this to be a bug and it needs fixing  - why have an option to turn on//off the splash scrren when it does not make a difference! If you are not going to give a positive solution then I will go to another product!

Offline nobility

• The Family Historian
« Reply #3 on: September 24, 2010, 04:07:17 PM »
Ah - changed my encrpytion in Outlook 2010 - now monitor is working! - still no splash screen but that is not as important!

andd64

Re: [Resolved]Free avast and Outlook 2010
« Reply #4 on: September 29, 2010, 05:07:44 PM »
Hey nobility,

Can you explain what you did to get it working? What and how did you change about the encryption in Outlook 2010?

Thanks in advance.

EDIT:: Nvm, I found another post that explained how to do it.  Works fine now.
https://support.avast.com/index.php?_m=knowledgebase&_a=viewarticle&kbarticleid=458
« Last Edit: September 29, 2010, 06:26:42 PM by andd64 »

k.u.r.t

Re: [Resolved]Free avast and Outlook 2010
« Reply #5 on: September 30, 2010, 02:43:27 PM »
You need to tweak this screen (attached). Avast will take care of the encrypted connection for you (check avast / mail scanner settings)