Consumer Products > Avast Free Antivirus / Premium Security (legacy Pro Antivirus, Internet Security, Premier)

Using With Other Programs

(1/3) > >>

grog4444:
I'm getting ready to get rid of AVG free because the new 8.0 version likes to bog down my computer.
I had no trouble running the following programs with AVG: Trojan Hunter, Super Anti Spyware, Link Scanner and Spywareblaster.
Will I be able to run those other programs safely and without conflict with AVAST????
I also use the Firefox browser, Thunderbird for emails and Windows XP with service pack 2.

Bluesman:

--- Quote from: grog4444 on September 30, 2008, 10:24:02 AM ---I'm getting ready to get rid of AVG free because the new 8.0 version likes to bog down my computer.
I had no trouble running the following programs with AVG: Trojan Hunter, Super Anti Spyware, Link Scanner and Spywareblaster.
Will I be able to run those other programs safely and without conflict with AVAST????
I also use the Firefox browser, Thunderbird for emails and Windows XP with service pack 2.

--- End quote ---

Welcome to the forum! :)

I'm using Super AntiSpyware, Spywareblaster, Firefox and Thunderbird of the programs you mention, and they work just fine with avast!

DavidR:
I think you will have no problem with those programs, I'm using some of them (see my signature).

Just ensure that you uninstall AVG, reboot, before installing avast.

Welcome to the forums.

wyrmrider:
AVG introduced a stand alone uninstaller in july
be sure to run the avg uninstaller to pre4vent problems with any other AV, your internet connection, etc

DavidR:
AVG Remover, download tool from here, http://www.grisoft.com/ww.download-tools there is a 32bit and 64 bit windows version, ensure you use the correct one.

Run after normal add remove programs uninstall.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version