Author Topic: unsuccessful downloadssss...pls help  (Read 3792 times)

icmom

unsuccessful downloadssss...pls help
« on: October 02, 2008, 07:47:12 PM »
I have attempted to download Avast several times over the past 3 days. I continually get the same error another user got about the extractor. I am trying to save then install as well. So I finally get avast to save to desktop I go to run setup and windows xp home tells me the files arent digitally signed and could be harmful. I then delete files, clear my cache and try to download once again, guess what?? I get the extraction error not once but 3 more times. So, I then enter tech support and see the post about trying filehippo. I get thru a long 7 hrs of download....yes I have dial up. Nothing else available in my area. With just 15 mins remaining I get booted from the server, not the first time Ive had that problem either. Cant download from download.com, cant run when i finally get downloaded from avast.com and get server boots on filehippo. Please Help.

ardvark

Re: unsuccessful downloadssss...pls help
« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2008, 07:56:53 PM »
Hi...

Do you have this problem with just trying to download avast or does this occur with other downloads? On the surface, this sounds like a problem with your phone lines.

Best Regards...

icmom

« Reply #2 on: October 02, 2008, 08:03:19 PM »
I havent tried to download anything else until I get antivirus protection. I will however, try and download my messenger to see how that works. I'll let ya know.

icmom

« Reply #3 on: October 02, 2008, 09:40:43 PM »
 ::)Well it may very well be in my phone line. I couldnt completely install messenger without intereptions either. So at this point Ive called AT&T hopefully we'll get it resolved. Thank you Ardvark for the reply. Let you know what I find out.

ICmom

ProgrammerGuy

« Reply #4 on: October 02, 2008, 11:03:32 PM »
ICmom; you might also try using some sort of download acceleration program also...

I experienced similar issues when I first attempted to download Avast!, I'm also on dial-up, and after I installed Download Accelerator Plus (DAP), I was able to get the file successfully downloaded...

Just a thought!   :)

icmom

« Reply #5 on: October 05, 2008, 02:10:58 AM »
Hey Guys, thanks for all your help!!! I finally got avast downloaded. It was my ISP, I changed providers and havent had near the problems. Love the new house! However, I will be soooo glad when I get my broadband back! Anyway, thanks again!!!

Icmom

ardvark

« Reply #6 on: October 05, 2008, 09:27:28 AM »
Hey Guys, thanks for all your help!!! I finally got avast downloaded. It was my ISP, I changed providers and havent had near the problems. Love the new house! However, I will be soooo glad when I get my broadband back! Anyway, thanks again!!!

Icmom

Hi...

You're welcome, glad we could help! :)

Best Regards...

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #7 on: October 05, 2008, 11:15:29 PM »
I finally got avast downloaded.
Enjoy!
Feel free to come back any time you need help or just to change experiences 8)
The best things in life are free.