Author Topic: Renewal of Avast Home Free  (Read 42226 times)

pixturesk

Renewal of Avast Home Free
« on: October 06, 2008, 02:09:41 PM »
My first year renewal of Avast Home Free comes up in a couple of months. Will Avast tell me when + how to re-register the program? As a non-techie, I think that Avast Home offers such superior protection, my Win98SE machine is so clean, I am anxious to renew, Thanks.

legace

Re: Renewal of Avast Home Free
« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2008, 02:12:00 PM »
You should get the new license key from:
http://avast.com/eng/home-registration.php#register-form

And then open avast! and press the Register button on the splash screen :)

avast! does inform you about the expiration of your license but its a bit clumbsy, and I like to do it the upper way.

pixturesk

« Reply #2 on: October 06, 2008, 03:32:19 PM »
Thanks legace. When I get the new registration number shall I enter it now or wait till the actual renewal date? Thanks.

pixturesk

« Reply #3 on: October 06, 2008, 04:14:36 PM »
legace, after checking your reply again I know to perform the registration now, so following your instructions, I enter the new license, my protection runs for another 14 months until Jan 2010. Thanks again.

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #4 on: October 06, 2008, 05:22:35 PM »
Thanks legace. When I get the new registration number shall I enter it now or wait till the actual renewal date? Thanks.
You can do it now. The registration key validity is given when you generate the key and not when you add it to your avast installation, so, the sooner you add, the better.
The best things in life are free.

chubsjonas

« Reply #5 on: September 20, 2010, 02:26:42 PM »
i just wanna know. i didn't update my avast so that it is no longer running.. how can i opened it again? please! thank you!!

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
« Reply #6 on: September 20, 2010, 02:46:11 PM »
Please start a New Topic of your own as this seems unrelated to the original subject and rather than breath life into a topic almost 2 years old and we will try to help. 
- Go to this link, http://forum.avast.com/index.php.  Select the avast! Free/Pro/Suite forum and click it, click the New Topic button (see image, click to expand) at the top of the list and post there.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.2.6105 (build 24.2.8918.824) UI 1.0.799/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security