Author Topic: Windows SBS install problems  (Read 6402 times)

cpguru21

Windows SBS install problems
« on: October 06, 2008, 11:59:27 PM »
Problem install Avast from here (http://avast.com/eng/avast_4_server_sbs_e.html).  When I download and install, the install will run for approx 20-30 secs, then nothing.  IE the "flying folder" status goes away.  Watching the process, it runs in process list, then stops (ie disappears from list).
This server had avast SBS edition installed in trial version.  convinced company to purchase copy.  I un-installed, downloaded fresh install from web, and have results described above.  Customer has paid and I cannot get the install to go.

Server Specs:
Microsoft Windows Server 2003 for SB
this is Standard
SP2

please help.

Thanks!

cpguru21

Re: Windows SBS install problems
« Reply #1 on: October 07, 2008, 12:12:37 AM »
I believe I posted this in the wrong place.  not sure how to change  ;D

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #2 on: October 07, 2008, 03:33:55 AM »
I believe I posted this in the wrong place.  not sure how to change  ;D
Only the Moderators could change posts forums.
Don't worry. Hope they check this one anyway.
The best things in life are free.

cpguru21

« Reply #3 on: October 07, 2008, 05:57:20 PM »
Thank you for moving for me

:D

cpguru21

« Reply #4 on: October 08, 2008, 04:57:32 PM »
anyone have any info for me?

Please let me know if there is more information you need from me in order to help.

Unfortunatly no event logs  :'(

gymo

« Reply #5 on: October 30, 2008, 03:13:53 PM »
Hi cpguru21

I'm having the exact same issue, had the demo installed wiped it and installed it fresh as we purchased it but wont install.
have you managed to sort your problem ?

i too have no logs and tried installing in safe mode and after disabling everything i could find thinking it may have been caused by a conflict.

nigel

cpguru21

« Reply #6 on: November 20, 2008, 02:18:06 AM »
sorry gymo, no fix as of yet, and no posts from anyone else either.  Sadly we may not get much help on this....

Offline scythe944

• Avast Evangelist
  • Massive Poster
    • My Tech Blog
« Reply #7 on: December 08, 2008, 07:42:53 PM »
sorry to hear that guys.  I have it installed on a 2003 SBS server, and it worked fine.

Of course, I'm using the SBS Suite, and used ADNM to install to my clients and server.

One thing that you could have done after installing the ADNM (if used) was to open the AMS Maintenance tool and import the license file.  That way, you don't have to re-install.

I guess that's not going to help you now, since you have already removed the program.

So, you try to install, and nothing happens, and there is nothing in the logs...

Is there another A/V product on the machine?  Longshot: Is DEP turned on?  Have you checked the task manager to see if there were several installers running at the same time?

If you are going to use the suite product, maybe try installing that, then push the server installation package onto the server using ADNM.

Otherwise, I don't really have a clue.

Hopefully, another avast guru will be able to help.
For generic computer (not avast) problems, you can also visit my forum for help: http://www.jacobytech.net/forum