Author Topic: VB100 Oct2008  (Read 7439 times)

solcroft

Re: VB100 Oct2008
« Reply #15 on: October 08, 2008, 08:59:42 PM »
Because I know avast, because I use it from 5 years, because I've participated in this forum quite a long time, because I heard what people said about avast without even knowing it, because I heard what people said about security, antivirus, freewares, etc.

That's getting quite close to hubris - if you're not there already. Just because you've used a product for five years doesn't mean everyone else is wrong and are basing their claims on hearsay.

I'm not defending avast false positives.

Nope, you're just labeling the people who point out the FP problem as being unfair.

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
Re: VB100 Oct2008
« Reply #16 on: October 08, 2008, 09:32:38 PM »
That's getting quite close to hubris - if you're not there already.
Remember that I'm not talking about your judgment, but about the other users that I heard and that I know how much they know about antivirus, security, avast, etc. I'm judging the facts I live and know, I'm not hubring.

Nope, you're just labeling the people who point out the FP problem as being unfair.
Nope either... People who ask for false positive correction is welcome, they're helping improving the program... I can't even imagine where you can read unfairness in my behavior.
The best things in life are free.