Author Topic: my browser keeps giving me insecure activity message  (Read 4472 times)

tmas5562

my browser keeps giving me insecure activity message
« on: October 10, 2008, 05:12:12 AM »
Has anyone seen this message??? ???

Insecure Internet activity. Threat of virus attack
Due to insecure Internet browsing your PC can easily get infected with viruses, worms and trojans without your knowledge, and that can lead to system slowdown, freezes and crashes.
Also insecure Internet activity can result in revealing your personal information.
To get full advanced real-time protection for PC and Internet activity, register KvmSecure.
We recommend you to protect your PC now and continue safe Internet browsing.
Click here to get full advanced real-time protection and continue browsing.
Continue to this website unprotected (not recommended).
Virusscan 2008 in the downloading program. How can I get rid of this??? It is driving me nuts,
Running Avast and tried Spydoctor, please help

Offline FreewheelinFrank

• Avast Evangelist
  • Ultra Poster
  • I'm a GNU
    • Don't Surf in the Nude!
Re: my browser keeps giving me insecure activity message
« Reply #1 on: October 10, 2008, 06:46:30 AM »
Hi tmas5562,

The messgae is a scam to try to get you to buy a fake anti-virus product.

Try a boot time scan with avast! Right click the scanner screen, select 'schedule a boot time scan' and reboot when requested.

Try the usual free adware/spyware scanners.

Ad-Aware Free
Spybot Search & Destroy
SUPERAntiSpyware Free
Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware

Download, install and update the programs. Disconnect from the internet (pull the plug) before running scans in Safe Mode if possible.

Always select the option to quarantine any malware found rather than delete it, then you will be able to restore files or registry entries wrongly identified as malware- a rare but not unknown event for any malware scanner.
     Bambleweeny 57 sub-meson brain     Don't Surf in the Nude Blog

wyrmrider

« Reply #2 on: October 11, 2008, 01:47:48 AM »
agree with freewheeling

start with MBAM  just do the quick scan  for now in normal mode , put a checkmark next to any hits and click REMOVE SELECTED
post back the LOG for analysis

then get started on the others
with
SAS and Spybot update and Clean and Quarantine do not remove/delete edit out cookies when posting
thanks

tmas5562

« Reply #3 on: October 12, 2008, 06:08:48 PM »
thanks for the responses, I have tried this with avast several times. I have run it in Safe Mode and restarted and removed all that came up. I also tried installing and running AVG which found a Trojan virus and removed that also...now Internet explorer will not allow more than one page, meaning attempting to open a form link, now shows the same message as before but goes to an error message of encountering a problem and shuts down. I will have it professionally cleaned starting tomorrow...I have used avast for the last couple years with great success but whatever was installed has gotten me..Thanks again..

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #4 on: October 12, 2008, 08:46:26 PM »
I also tried installing and running AVG which found a Trojan virus and removed that also...
Did you uninstall avast before installing AVG?
Did you uninstall AVG now and you're using avast?

Maybe you could follow full computer on-line scanning:
Kaspersky (very good detection rates)
ESET NOD32
Trendmicro housecall
F-Secure
BitDefender (free removal of the malware)
The best things in life are free.