Author Topic: Avast slowing down computer since it is facing suspicious Emails attack  (Read 3638 times)

alain2028

Here is the story... 2 days ago I received many times within a few hours (about 10 times) the same 4Mo Email including a .pps from a relative. I think Avast stopped all the Emails (saying that they were suspicious Emails and offering me the choice to refuse or do nothing - no quarantine). I refused all of the emails of course. So far so good.
But It seems that my computer is running slower now and outlook (Microsoft Outlook 2007) keeps indicating since this occurence at the bottom right that I am currently receiving Emails ("reception of message 6 out of 7 (23,2Mo out of 29 Mo)"). Same message for 36 hours... It is clear that avast is blocking those new incoming Emails but nothing else happening (my provider does not host those Emails anymore and thus can not stop them). I mean Avast is not offering me choice to cancel those mails or do any thing about it. My computer needs lot of ressources from time to time. Slowing me down intermitently even with basic tasks like word doc typing...
What should I do do un-stuck the situation? without allowing the Emails to contaminate my PC....
Thanks for your help  :-\
Alan

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
Re: Avast slowing down computer since it is facing suspicious Emails attack
« Reply #1 on: October 13, 2008, 04:01:58 PM »
my provider does not host those Emails anymore and thus can not stop them
Do you mean that by webmail you can't see them in the inbox?

I suggest a full avast scanning (archive included) or a boot time scanning with avast.
The best things in life are free.

alain2028

Re: Avast slowing down computer since it is facing suspicious Emails attack
« Reply #2 on: October 14, 2008, 11:26:20 AM »
Yes that correct, they are not in the provider inbox anymore. I forgot to say that when I overfly the avast logo (bottom right of screen) I have the following msg showing: Avast access scanning, 8 services total, 8 in progress (translation)
I will launch a full scan asap
thanks
al