Author Topic: Can't open avast after Kubuntu upgrade from 8.04.1 to 8.10  (Read 20080 times)

Offline OrangeCrate

• Avast Evangelist
  • Advanced Poster
Re: Can't open avast after Kubuntu upgrade from 8.04.1 to 8.10
« Reply #15 on: November 30, 2008, 02:16:10 PM »
But, try to send your logfile to me (cimbal:at:avast.com), i'll have look at it..
Where is it located?
On the logs folder? avastgui.log?
I'll send it to you.

Out of curiosity, did you ever get an answer on this, and is avast! working for you now in Kubuntu?

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #16 on: December 01, 2008, 01:41:45 AM »
But, try to send your logfile to me (cimbal:at:avast.com), i'll have look at it..
Where is it located?
I'll send it to you.

Out of curiosity, did you ever get an answer on this, and is avast! working for you now in Kubuntu?

No, I did not receive an answer... right now, my notebook failed and needs technical assistance... I'm not in a hurry anymore...
The best things in life are free.

Offline zilog

• Avast team
  • Advanced Poster
  • or #f0; daa; add a,#a0; adc a,#40
« Reply #17 on: December 01, 2008, 04:12:56 PM »
Where is it located?
I'll send it to you.

No, I did not receive an answer... right now, my notebook failed and needs technical assistance... I'm not in a hurry anymore...

yes, i'll analyse it in days or two - i was solving ABI compatibility problems on x86 MacOS (latest compiler started to optimise out our ABI fixes for higher optimisation levels, sigh) past days..

pc
May's Law: Software efficiency halves every 18 months, compensating Moore's Law. (David May, INMOS)

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #18 on: December 01, 2008, 09:11:12 PM »
Thanks zilog... I had a deep trouble with my notebook startup, so no worry, I think I won`t work with wubi (Kubuntu) so soon.
The best things in life are free.

Offline OrangeCrate

• Avast Evangelist
  • Advanced Poster
« Reply #19 on: December 02, 2008, 03:28:31 AM »
Thanks zilog... I had a deep trouble with my notebook startup, so no worry, I think I won`t work with wubi (Kubuntu) so soon.

I'm sorry to hear that. Good luck with the notebook...

Offline zilog

• Avast team
  • Advanced Poster
  • or #f0; daa; add a,#a0; adc a,#40
« Reply #20 on: December 17, 2008, 08:55:39 AM »
Where is it located?
I'll send it to you.

Hallo,
it's located in the directory where the strace -f was launched (probably your home directory, which is default when the xterm opens).

regards,
pc
May's Law: Software efficiency halves every 18 months, compensating Moore's Law. (David May, INMOS)