Author Topic: When will avast! 5?  (Read 22689 times)

iris_9018

When will avast! 5?
« on: October 14, 2008, 09:29:30 PM »
Thank you, is that version 4.8 would Find bugs and negative things and I hope that the new version 5 is settled.

What will be the most significant changes in avast! 5?

THANKS AND ANSWER MY QUESTION PLEASE

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
Re: When will avast! 5?
« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2008, 09:50:08 PM »
There are numerous topics on versions 5 asking basically the same questions and the answer hasn't changed there is no official release date notified nor is there a conformed list of features.

The one thing for sure is that you will find out here first.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.3.6108 (build 24.3.8975.762) UI 1.0.801/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
The best things in life are free.

Offline RejZoR

• Polymorphic Sheep
  • Serious Graphoman
  • We are supersheep, resistance is futile!
    • RejZoR's Flock of Sheep
« Reply #3 on: October 14, 2008, 11:56:07 PM »
Maybe ALWIL guys should make a sticky about it so we can just point all ppl asking about avast! 5 to that sticky.
Visit my webpage Angry Sheep Blog

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #4 on: October 15, 2008, 12:58:38 AM »
Maybe ALWIL guys should make a sticky about it so we can just point all ppl asking about avast! 5 to that sticky.
They hate scheduling and promises ::)

Offline RejZoR

• Polymorphic Sheep
  • Serious Graphoman
  • We are supersheep, resistance is futile!
    • RejZoR's Flock of Sheep
« Reply #5 on: October 15, 2008, 08:14:42 AM »
Who said anything about schedules and dates or promises?

"We are actively working on avast! 5, release date is still unknown for now, but we will post more info when it's ready for public release or public beta testing."

Something alone these lines. Nothing fixed, just generic explanation for ppl to stop asking same thing over and over.
Visit my webpage Angry Sheep Blog

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #6 on: October 15, 2008, 04:08:10 PM »
Who said anything about schedules and dates or promises?
I did.

"We are actively working on avast! 5, release date is still unknown for now, but we will post more info when it's ready for public release or public beta testing."

Something alone these lines. Nothing fixed, just generic explanation for ppl to stop asking same thing over and over.
Good suggestion ;)

Jahn

« Reply #7 on: October 16, 2008, 01:16:27 AM »
Uh... Don't we still have a few beta trials before v.5?

rdmaloyjr

« Reply #8 on: October 16, 2008, 01:26:15 AM »
I'm expecting 4.9 before 5.0. ;)

Of course there will be 4.9 betas & rc's before 4.9 stables. ;D

We have a long road to 5.0. :'(

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
« Reply #9 on: October 16, 2008, 02:46:46 AM »
Well there is also meant to be an update to 4.8 due soon, and there should be a beta of that first ;D
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.3.6108 (build 24.3.8975.762) UI 1.0.801/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

Offline alanrf

• Avast Evangelist
  • Massive Poster
  • Just an avast user
« Reply #10 on: October 16, 2008, 05:37:47 AM »
So much speculation and version predicting.

I will be more than happy to be wrong - but I suspect a 4.8 point update from the team.  I doubt anything earth shattering will be revealed - I am sure the team is keeping their powder dry for the 5.0 release.

Let's give the next beta offering from the team the best workout we can - cos we (as well as the avast team) need all the improvement we can muster for the next major effort. 

onlysomeone

« Reply #11 on: October 16, 2008, 07:53:58 AM »
I'm expecting 4.9 before 5.0. ;)

Of course there will be 4.9 betas & rc's before 4.9 stables. ;D

We have a long road to 5.0. :'(

i hope they skip 4.9...
first i don't like the number 9 - it looks so "unatractive" :)
and the second thing is that i would say that the Avast team should concentrate on Avast! 5 - an update to 4.9 isn't necessary (in my opinion) and not worth spending time in it - it would be better if all the improvements directly come into v5.

smokethapimp

« Reply #12 on: October 16, 2008, 01:07:42 PM »
Jimi Hendrix wanted his guitar amps to be louder. He told his amp maker "Everybody's amps go up to volume 10. I want mine to go to Volume 11." They tried to explain it to him...... "But Jimi, those are just numbers on a dial. When the dial is turned all the way to your right, that is as loud as it goes regardless of what numbers are on the knob."     but Jimi would not be dissuaded... "I want my amps to go to Volume 11." So the amp manufacturer took the exact same amps with the exact same knobs but re-painted all of the knobs on Jimi's amps so that the numbers went from 0-11. And Jimi was happy. I'm not sure what brought this story to mind. ;)

Offline Bluesman

• Avast Evangelist
  • Advanced Poster
  • Amiga Power!
« Reply #13 on: October 16, 2008, 01:12:37 PM »
Jimi Hendrix wanted his guitar amps to be louder. He told his amp maker "Everybody's amps go up to volume 10. I want mine to go to Volume 11." They tried to explain it to him...... "But Jimi, those are just numbers on a dial. When the dial is turned all the way to your right, that is as loud as it goes regardless of what numbers are on the knob."     but Jimi would not be dissuaded... "I want my amps to go to Volume 11." So the amp manufacturer took the exact same amps with the exact same knobs but re-painted all of the knobs on Jimi's amps so that the numbers went from 0-11. And Jimi was happy. I'm not sure what brought this story to mind. ;)

Nice story!

YEAH, we want Avast 11 ;)
"The blues are the roots, everything else is the fruits" -Willie Dixon

stevey

« Reply #14 on: October 16, 2008, 02:11:52 PM »
Avast 11 sounds great! When's it out? ;D