Author Topic: The AAVM subsystem detected an RPC error!  (Read 200257 times)

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
Re: The AAVM subsystem detected an RPC error!
« Reply #60 on: June 30, 2013, 09:07:43 PM »
I had also successfully unistalled AVIRA anti virus before installing AVAST.
Please, after you use Add/Remove, you should use Avira Antivir RegistryCleaner as well as the appropiate "Uninstallation Package", both of which can be found at: http://www.avira.com/en/support/support_downloads.html
The best things in life are free.

ROBERTO FRANÇA

« Reply #61 on: July 01, 2013, 12:58:35 AM »
Since I reformatted my computer, try to put the license out and the message "The AAVM subsystem detected a RPC error". It turns out that inadvertently the first time, read and turned the TXT file and now everytime I ask the file, it comes in txt and the message. I am repeating the message because it was sent in capital letter and people did not understand. Help me. I do not know what else to do. Using the tradutor google.

REDACTED

Re:The AAVM subsystem detected an RPC error!
« Reply #62 on: July 01, 2013, 07:05:34 AM »
I had uninstalled, booted, reinstalled and booted but the problem remains the same. I had also successfully unistalled AVIRA anti virus before installing AVAST. Please help

Also check the Windows event log (Control Panel -> Administrative Tools -> Event Viewer), Antivirus category. Are there any "red" entries?

Thanks
Vlk

Yes there are 2 Red entries.
1st - The avast! Antivirus service depends on the aswMonFlt service which failed to start because of the following error: The specified procedure could not be found.
AND the 2nd - The aswMonFlt service failed to start due to the following error: The specified procedure could not be found.
In Services (Local) avast antivirus is stopped but when i try to start it manually it gives the message : "Could not start avast antivirus service on Local computer. Error 1068: The dependency service or group failed to start."

REDACTED

« Reply #63 on: July 01, 2013, 07:07:16 AM »
I had also successfully unistalled AVIRA anti virus before installing AVAST.
Please, after you use Add/Remove, you should use Avira Antivir RegistryCleaner as well as the appropiate "Uninstallation Package", both of which can be found at: http://www.avira.com/en/support/support_downloads.html
i had done the same but still the problem remains

REDACTED

« Reply #64 on: July 02, 2013, 10:26:58 AM »
I had successfully uninstalled AVira and used Avira RegistryCleaner as well but still the problem remains.
Also when i check the Windows event log (Control Panel -> Administrative Tools -> Event Viewer), Antivirus category. There are 2 "red" entries.
1st - The avast! Antivirus service depends on the aswMonFlt service which failed to start because of the following error: The specified procedure could not be found.
AND the 2nd - The aswMonFlt service failed to start due to the following error: The specified procedure could not be found.
In Services (Local) avast antivirus is stopped but when i try to start it manually it gives the message : "Could not start avast antivirus service on Local computer. Error 1068: The dependency service or group failed to start."

Warlord1981

« Reply #65 on: October 09, 2013, 09:09:44 AM »
I am having the exact same problem with anshul. I uninstalled Symantec Endpoint Protection from a Windows XP SP3 machine and then installed Avast Free Antivirus. After installation the red X appears on the avast icon and I get the message "The AAVM subsystem detected an RPC error!" Also when i try to manually start the avast service i also get the error message "Could not start avast antivirus service on Local computer. Error 1068: The dependency service or group failed to start." Anshul did u solve it?

Offline dbrisendine

• Malware Fighter
  • Avast Evangelist
  • Super Poster
« Reply #66 on: October 10, 2013, 05:51:11 AM »
I have found that this is most likely a File System / WMI error (most likely caused by a fault in WMI service and / or permission restoring when uninstalling security software).  Your best bet in solving this problem (on XP, Vista or Win7) is to repair Windows.  You can either 'over-install' Windows on top of your existing installation (this keeps all your personal settings and files intact but may have you re-install some third party programs after the 'over-install') or you can search the web for a repair tool.  One that I have used for years is from hxxp://www.tweaking.com and is called Windows Repair (All-in-One).  There is no voodoo or mystery programs run by this tool; it is just a tool that runs Windows CMD commands for the repairs you want done.

One note is to download this program first, then download aswClear, disconnect from the internet and remove Avast (via Uninstall and then running aswClear in Safe Mode).  After Avast is removed, run the repairs you want (follow the steps), reboot twice and then install Avast & connect to the internet.
Win7 x32 Ult. SP1, Brain 2.0 / Win10 x64, Brain2.5
My help is always free but if you would like to help encourage me or show your thanks -----> DONATE

Warlord1981

« Reply #67 on: October 14, 2013, 09:03:53 AM »
Sorry but the Windows Repair tool mentioned above didnt help. I'm still getting the same results with Avast installation. Thx though. Any other suggestions please?

Offline dbrisendine

• Malware Fighter
  • Avast Evangelist
  • Super Poster
« Reply #68 on: October 14, 2013, 10:32:40 PM »
How did you remove Symantec Endpoint Protection?  Did you use Symantec's removal tool after the uninstall?  SEP can be very stubborn to remove; what version did you have?  You may want to check out this web site: http://www.symantec.com/business/support/index?page=content&id=TECH164769&actp=search&viewlocale=en_US&searchid=1381782607220 .
Win7 x32 Ult. SP1, Brain 2.0 / Win10 x64, Brain2.5
My help is always free but if you would like to help encourage me or show your thanks -----> DONATE

faithtech

« Reply #69 on: November 15, 2013, 03:13:19 AM »
I too as the others have received this error msg when installing avast free 2014 on an XP PRO SP2 machine. I too have followed all the advise as listed above, uninstalling rebooting, using the avast uninstaller, going thru the registry to remove every trace of avast and so on. Here are the screen shots of the error msgs i received when trying to register and start avast services. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
« Reply #70 on: November 15, 2013, 11:25:22 AM »
This error (in earlier versions of avast) is often related to having another AV installed or remnants of another AV.
Have (or did) you another Anti-Virus installed in this system, if so what was it and how did you get rid of it ?
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.2.6105 (build 24.2.8918.824) UI 1.0.799/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

goodbye

« Reply #71 on: November 17, 2013, 08:55:18 AM »
My RPC error messages occured on 4 separate PC's running 4 separate Windows versions. All out of the blue with no other software activity going on. In fact one PC I left running while I was gone for a week. Fine when I left but when I returned it had what I'm now calling the 'red dot of death'. No one (users or Avast staff) have a solution. On this thread...for someone to suggest reinstalling Windows is ridiculous. 

faithtech

« Reply #72 on: November 17, 2013, 05:01:40 PM »
This error (in earlier versions of avast) is often related to having another AV installed or remnants of another AV.
Have (or did) you another Anti-Virus installed in this system, if so what was it and how did you get rid of it ?
I had previous Avast Free edition, used the avast uninstaller, prior to that had tried Avira, used their uninstaller also, went thru the registry confirming no reg entries of Avira or Avast were left behind. Rebooted, tried to reinstall 2014 and received the error msgs that i provided screen shots of above. For the most part, I have run Avast Free for years and had Avast free installed when out of nowhere the RED X showed up over the Avast tray icon. Researched and found several possibilities and tried them all to no avail. I run Avast free on my laptop, my wife and daughters laptops also. The only machine I having trouble with is this machine, my desktop.