Author Topic: scanning exclusions. is this normal?  (Read 7157 times)

Offline chameleon

scanning exclusions. is this normal?
« on: April 17, 2004, 11:17:24 AM »
Please excuse the enormous cut and paste below. But I wish to know, is it normal for this amount of files to not be scanned, in thorough mode, in the administrator account of XP? I have the usual spybot exclusions, but I did not add them here.

I yesterday deleted an admin. account in favour of a new one I created, and I am wondering if it could be related, as I don't recall so many exclusions showing up before, and a report comparison confirms such. Should I be concerned?  :-[

Thanks.

Postscript: It is particularly the "NT Uninstall" entries that seem to have emerged as unscannable, where previously they were not.(before deleting other admin. account.) Am I being overly paranoid, or have I potentially upset my computer by deleting the first admin. account. *gulp*

from scan I did today:

C:\Documents and Settings\LocalService\Local Settings\Application Data\Microsoft\Windows\UsrClass.dat [E] The process cannot access the file because it is being used by another process (32)
C:\Documents and Settings\LocalService\Local Settings\Application Data\Microsoft\Windows\UsrClass.dat.LOG [E] The process cannot access the file because it is being used by another process (32)
C:\Documents and Settings\LocalService\NTUSER.DAT [E] The process cannot access the file because it is being used by another process (32)
C:\Documents and Settings\LocalService\ntuser.dat.LOG [E] The process cannot access the file because it is being used by another process (32)
C:\Documents and Settings\NetworkService\Local Settings\Application Data\Microsoft\Windows\UsrClass.dat [E] The process cannot access the file because it is being used by another process (32)
C:\Documents and Settings\NetworkService\Local Settings\Application Data\Microsoft\Windows\UsrClass.dat.LOG [E] The process cannot access the file because it is being used by another process (32)
C:\Documents and Settings\NetworkService\NTUSER.DAT [E] The process cannot access the file because it is being used by another process (32)
C:\Documents and Settings\NetworkService\ntuser.dat.LOG [E] The process cannot access the file because it is being used by another process (32)
C:\Documents and Settings\Windows Update\Local Settings\Application Data\Microsoft\Windows\UsrClass.dat [E] The process cannot access the file because it is being used by another process (32)
C:\Documents and Settings\Windows Update\Local Settings\Application Data\Microsoft\Windows\UsrClass.dat.LOG [E] The process cannot access the file because it is being used by another process (32)
C:\Documents and Settings\Windows Update\Local Settings\Temp\JET7D34.tmp [E] The process cannot access the file because it is being used by another process (32)
C:\Documents and Settings\Windows Update\NTUSER.DAT [E] The process cannot access the file because it is being used by another process (32)
C:\Documents and Settings\Windows Update\ntuser.dat.LOG [E] The process cannot access the file because it is being used by another process (32)
C:\WINDOWS\$NtUninstallKB824141$\user32.dll [E] Access is denied (5)
C:\WINDOWS\$NtUninstallKB824141$\win32k.sys [E] Access is denied (5)
C:\WINDOWS\$NtUninstallKB826939$\accwiz.exe [E] Access is denied (5)
C:\WINDOWS\$NtUninstallKB826939$\crypt32.dll [E] Access is denied (5)
C:\WINDOWS\$NtUninstallKB826939$\cryptsvc.dll [E] Access is denied (5)
C:\WINDOWS\$NtUninstallKB826939$\hh.exe [E] Access is denied (5)
C:\WINDOWS\$NtUninstallKB826939$\hhctrl.ocx [E] Access is denied (5)
C:\WINDOWS\$NtUninstallKB826939$\hhsetup.dll [E] Access is denied (5)
C:\WINDOWS\$NtUninstallKB826939$\html32.cnv [E] Access is denied (5)
C:\WINDOWS\$NtUninstallKB826939$\itss.dll [E] Access is denied (5)
C:\WINDOWS\$NtUninstallKB826939$\locator.exe [E] Access is denied (5)
C:\WINDOWS\$NtUninstallKB826939$\magnify.exe [E] Access is denied (5)
C:\WINDOWS\$NtUninstallKB826939$\migwiz.exe [E] Access is denied (5)
C:\WINDOWS\$NtUninstallKB826939$\mrxsmb.sys [E] Access is denied (5)
C:\WINDOWS\$NtUninstallKB826939$\msconv97.dll [E] Access is denied (5)
C:\WINDOWS\$NtUninstallKB826939$\narrator.exe [E] Access is denied (5)
C:\WINDOWS\$NtUninstallKB826939$\newdev.dll [E] Access is denied (5)
C:\WINDOWS\$NtUninstallKB826939$\ntdll.dll [E] Access is denied (5)
C:\WINDOWS\$NtUninstallKB826939$\ntkrnlpa.exe [E] Access is denied (5)
C:\WINDOWS\$NtUninstallKB826939$\ntoskrnl.exe [E] Access is denied (5)
C:\WINDOWS\$NtUninstallKB826939$\ole32.dll [E] Access is denied (5)
C:\WINDOWS\$NtUninstallKB826939$\osk.exe [E] Access is denied (5)
C:\WINDOWS\$NtUninstallKB826939$\pchshell.dll [E] Access is denied (5)
C:\WINDOWS\$NtUninstallKB826939$\raspptp.sys [E] Access is denied (5)
C:\WINDOWS\$NtUninstallKB826939$\rpcrt4.dll [E] Access is denied (5)
C:\WINDOWS\$NtUninstallKB826939$\rpcss.dll [E] Access is denied (5)
C:\WINDOWS\$NtUninstallKB826939$\shell32.dll [E] Access is denied (5)
C:\WINDOWS\$NtUninstallKB826939$\shmedia.dll [E] Access is denied (5)
C:\WINDOWS\$NtUninstallKB826939$\srrstr.dll [E] Access is denied (5)
C:\WINDOWS\$NtUninstallKB826939$\srv.sys [E] Access is denied (5)
C:\WINDOWS\$NtUninstallKB826939$\sysmain.sdb [E] Access is denied (5)
C:\WINDOWS\$NtUninstallKB826939$\user32.dll [E] Access is denied (5)
C:\WINDOWS\$NtUninstallKB826939$\win32k.sys [E] Access is denied (5)
C:\WINDOWS\$NtUninstallKB826939$\winsrv.dll [E] Access is denied (5)
C:\WINDOWS\$NtUninstallKB826939$\zipfldr.dll [E] Access is denied (5)
C:\WINDOWS\$NtUninstallKB828028$\msasn1.dll [E] Access is denied (5)
C:\WINDOWS\$NtUninstallKB828035$\msgsvc.dll [E] Access is denied (5)
C:\WINDOWS\$NtUninstallKB828035$\wkssvc.dll [E] Access is denied (5)
C:\WINDOWS\$NtUninstallQ828026$\msdxm.ocx [E] Access is denied (5)
C:\WINDOWS\$NtUninstallQ828026$\wmpcore.dll [E] Access is denied (5)
C:\WINDOWS\MEMORY.DMP [E] Access is denied (5)
C:\WINDOWS\system32\config\DEFAULT [E] The process cannot access the file because it is being used by another process (32)
C:\WINDOWS\system32\config\default.LOG [E] The process cannot access the file because it is being used by another process (32)
C:\WINDOWS\system32\config\SAM [E] The process cannot access the file because it is being used by another process (32)
C:\WINDOWS\system32\config\SAM.LOG [E] The process cannot access the file because it is being used by another process (32)
C:\WINDOWS\system32\config\SECURITY [E] The process cannot access the file because it is being used by another process (32)
C:\WINDOWS\system32\config\SECURITY.LOG [E] The process cannot access the file because it is being used by another process (32)
C:\WINDOWS\system32\config\SOFTWARE [E] The process cannot access the file because it is being used by another process (32)
C:\WINDOWS\system32\config\software.LOG [E] The process cannot access the file because it is being used by another process (32)
C:\WINDOWS\system32\config\SYSTEM [E] The process cannot access the file because it is being used by another process (32)
C:\WINDOWS\system32\config\system.LOG [E] The process cannot access the file because it is being used by another process (32)
C:\WINDOWS\Temp\JET5E0F.tmp [E] The process cannot access the file because it is being used by another process (32)
C:\WINDOWS\Temp\JET6080.tmp [E] The process cannot access the file because it is being used by another process (32)
Infected files: 0
Total files: 64937
Total folders: 1596
Total size: 6.6 G

* Task stopped: Saturday, April 17, 2004 6:42:14 PM
* Run-time was 39 minute(s), 53 second(s)

« Last Edit: April 17, 2004, 11:23:22 AM by chameleon »

shgoh

Re:scanning exclusions. is this normal?
« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2004, 11:31:35 AM »
if i'm not wrong....that's normal....windows has protect those uninstall information so that no other programs can access it....

therefore avast also can't access them to scan

hope this helps

Offline MikeBCda

• Avast Evangelist
  • Super Poster
« Reply #2 on: April 17, 2004, 05:04:51 PM »
Hi,

The "in use by another process" ones are definitely normal, plus there should be just one "access denied" one tied in to the system.  Possible a few more of the latter in your case, since you appear to be using multiple drives and/or partitions, I don;t know if that affects things.

However I don't get the reinstall files excluded -- I wonder if that has something to do with the change in admin accounts.  I suspect that even though you still have admin rights, the system and/or avast now sees you as a "different user".

If you're willing to put in the time and effort (and it's not that bad, nothing at all like NAV), what would happen if you did a full and complete uninstall of avast and then re-installed it as the new admin?

Just some rambling thoughts, but who knows?  ;)

Best,
Mike
Intel Atom D2700, 2 gig RAM, Win 7 x64 SP1 & IE-11, Firefox 51.0
(default). 320 gig HD, 15Mb DSL, Win firewall, Avast 12.3.2280 free, SpywareBlaster, MBAM Prem., Crypto-Prevent

Offline chameleon

« Reply #3 on: April 17, 2004, 05:27:46 PM »
Hello.

you said: "since you appear to be using multiple drives and/or partitions, I don't know if that affects things."

I'm not quite sure what you mean by this, 1) because  I am a dash computer illiterate and thus 2) I have my computer as it was purchased, and have made no mentionable changes to its "guts". (!)

Yes, I was thinking as you were, to re-install avast! for the new admin account, though all the programs seem to
have made the leap quite fine. Another user yesterday told me to re-install as the "true" administrator, but as I can only access that in safe mode (XP), not sure how to do so.

You say to do a complete uninstall..so it is not so straight forward as simply utilizing the uninstall option in programs?

Cheers!

Offline MikeBCda

• Avast Evangelist
  • Super Poster
« Reply #4 on: April 17, 2004, 11:37:44 PM »
you said: "since you appear to be using multiple drives and/or partitions, I don't know if that affects things."

I'm not quite sure what you mean by this, 1) because  I am a dash computer illiterate and thus 2) I have my computer as it was purchased, and have made no mentionable changes to its "guts". (!)

Sorry, my mistake, I skimmed your not-scanned list too quickly I guess.   :-[  I saw "E" many times and that threw me, but looking more carefully there's no reference to anything on other drives, real or virtual.

As for the rest of it, I'll leave the question of whether a re-installation might help to the tech experts, it was just an idea that occurred to me.  I'm mildly surprised that you say you'd need to uninstall from safe mode, if you have admin privileges with your new profile, but there's all kinds of things about XP I'm still learning.

Best,
Mike
Intel Atom D2700, 2 gig RAM, Win 7 x64 SP1 & IE-11, Firefox 51.0
(default). 320 gig HD, 15Mb DSL, Win firewall, Avast 12.3.2280 free, SpywareBlaster, MBAM Prem., Crypto-Prevent

Offline chameleon

« Reply #5 on: April 19, 2004, 04:21:54 PM »
I uninstalled and re-installed, but still receiving the big list of entries, especially for NTUninstall ..I am only concerned because the entry list was not this big prior to removing the first admin. account.

I shall have to accept it I suppose. I am not in a position to do a total re-install of XP, right now.