Author Topic: Flahs disks false alarms?  (Read 2685 times)

Carlos Pinheiro

Flahs disks false alarms?
« on: November 16, 2008, 01:20:43 PM »
Hi, I have the 4.8 home edition Avast antivirus and it keeps showing alerts everytime I insert a flashdisk, always finding viruses like the BV: autoRun-G [Wrm] malware. But a friend of mine scanned the flash disks in her computer with NOD32 antivirus system and it didnt find any viruses in them. Everytime I have the flashdisk on the laptop it keeps alerting me, even after I told it to fix the problem, even when the file is not open at all. Are they false alarms? Is there any way to shut them up (they are quite annoying...  :P)? Can anyone help me?

Offline Bluesman

• Avast Evangelist
  • Advanced Poster
  • Amiga Power!
Re: Flahs disks false alarms?
« Reply #1 on: November 16, 2008, 02:54:28 PM »
Hi, I have the 4.8 home edition Avast antivirus and it keeps showing alerts everytime I insert a flashdisk, always finding viruses like the BV: autoRun-G [Wrm] malware. But a friend of mine scanned the flash disks in her computer with NOD32 antivirus system and it didnt find any viruses in them. Everytime I have the flashdisk on the laptop it keeps alerting me, even after I told it to fix the problem, even when the file is not open at all. Are they false alarms? Is there any way to shut them up (they are quite annoying...  :P)? Can anyone help me?

In another thread, also about BV: autoRun-G [Wrm], there was an mention to the program Flash Disinfector

http://download.bleepingcomputer.com/sUBs/Flash_Disinfector.exe
"The blues are the roots, everything else is the fruits" -Willie Dixon