Author Topic: PluginWatcher extension on - check on the plug-in load in firefox!  (Read 2486 times)

Offline polonus

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Probably Bot
  • malware fighter
Well all you firefox/flock adepts,

More than often I hear people complain amd go on about various extensions, add-ons, plug-ins and what they do to the specific load on their browser.
Go here my friends to get it:
https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/7055
Install and check, it is right down in your browser.
I now have it running here:
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.9.1b2pre) Gecko/20081025 Minefield/3.1b2pre ID:20081025033605
The PluginWatcher extension aims to provide the user with plugin activity information via its Activity Meter - located at the bottom right corner of Firefox (as part of the status bar).
Firefox sometimes gets a bad reputation for crashing or locking up when a plugin such as Adobe Flash or Windows Media Player causes a problem. PluginWatcher aims to present the user with plugin activity information that can assist in debugging plugin related performance issues as well as provide the user with a better understanding of how resources allocated to Firefox are being distributed. Actually i.m.h.o. this should be built-in thingy,

polonus
Cybersecurity is more of an attitude than anything else. Avast Evangelists.

Use NoScript, a limited user account and a virtual machine and be safe(r)!

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
Re: PluginWatcher extension on - check on the plug-in load in firefox!
« Reply #1 on: October 25, 2008, 09:13:01 PM »
Seems promising... I'll test it. Thanks Polonus.
The best things in life are free.

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
Re: PluginWatcher extension on - check on the plug-in load in firefox!
« Reply #2 on: October 26, 2008, 09:13:10 PM »
Hmmm... it only monitors plugins (not the extensions...), seems that does not have that much utility... I'll uninstall it.
The best things in life are free.