Author Topic: If I have only the protection modules Standard, will have same level detection?  (Read 2407 times)

iris_9018

I have just installed 5 modules, which are:

shield network
protection for instant messaging
PROTECTION STANDARD
Protection p2p
Protection Web

I removed the "internet email" and "outlook" because it did not work, do not scan anything.

Well, with these 5 modules that I have appointed soon, will get the same level of protection that the 7 modules in total?

Thank you very much

ardvark

Hi...

I would imagine the level of protection would be reduced, since (I think, I could be wrong) the mail scanner checks your mail before it's downloaded. Have you tried running the mail configuration wizard again? I've had to that before on some copies (of Avast.)

Best Regards...
« Last Edit: October 25, 2008, 11:25:54 PM by ardvark »

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
Quote from: iris_9018
I removed the "internet email" and "outlook" because it did not work, do not scan anything.

The Outlook/Exchange you don't need unless you have MS Outlook (not exchange) installed. The Internet Mail provider is for other POP3/SMTP email programs.
What email program do you use ?

Why doesn't it work, what errors are displayed, etc. ?
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.3.6108 (build 24.3.8975.762) UI 1.0.801/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

Offline RejZoR

• Polymorphic Sheep
  • Serious Graphoman
  • We are supersheep, resistance is futile!
    • RejZoR's Flock of Sheep
At the moment for optimal protection you need these 3 providers:
Standard Shield
Network Shield
Web Shield

These 3 are essential. Others are nice to have but not really necessary. POP3 scanning is hardly used these days as lots of users just use web based e-mail clients like Yahoo, GMail or Hotmail. But if you do use it it doesn't hurt to have it there i guess from the point of its mail heuristics integrated in it. P2P and IM shields are useful if you also want scanning inside archives, otherwise everything you download will be scanned by Standard Shield when you extract the packages (usually ZIP or RAR archives).
MS Outlook provider is limited to MS Outlook.

If you're aiming for minimal number of providers, use those 3 and you should be fine.
Visit my webpage Angry Sheep Blog