Author Topic: Avast interfering with browsers  (Read 7431 times)

milouzer

Re: Avast interfering with browsers
« Reply #15 on: November 12, 2008, 06:09:32 PM »
Hi DavidR
Thanks for your reply.

First I would like to say that I am not trying to give negative feedback on Avast product at all. I'm using it for a while, without problem, and I'll continue.
I'm not trying to say the product got a bug. I just want to make sure that it will be possible for a large number of people to continue using it, and make it a success. As a result, i wanted to share my problem first, and try to regroup all these information to something that look related at some point.
Of course it is a guess. I'm not a developper and therefor cannot judge and debug the product.
I feel a bit disappointed by some reactions as i really thought that creating my own post will just create a mess than something else. If some other already point failures around that, what's the point to create one post by user with a different title for everyone??? That's the situation s at the moment.
Anyway, they are maybe all different, and surely not related to anything else than....something else.
I'll continue to use fantastic product. With some restriction on webshield until something is changing (deliberately or not) or something like a "SOFT A + SOFTB + AVAST + FRIDAY NIGHTE => MAKE THINGS BAD" is found and inserted  in FAQ or known problem sections.
I just wanted to help, users and developers, but it looks like my approach was not the best one.
My apologies.

Cheers

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
Re: Avast interfering with browsers
« Reply #16 on: November 12, 2008, 07:16:59 PM »
I have no problem with anyone saying there is a bug, after all I'm an avast user like anyone else posting on the forums.

By creating your own topic with your own particular circumstances makes it easier than to have a topic with multiple threads running through it, that only serves to confuse unless your problem is identical to the one/s that you chose to post on and I don't see that.

So when trying to group information it is important that that information is 100% the same or it just clouds the problem.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.3.6108 (build 24.3.8975.762) UI 1.0.801/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security