Author Topic: Avast Plug In aswoutxt.dll causing Outlook Pro 2007 start up issue  (Read 4644 times)

KumoT

???
I'm going through the test phase of bringing in Avast Server Edition into the domain and I just had an incident where one of my users (who has had Avast installed for about 3 weeks) had an issue starting up Outlook. The message said that there was a conflict with an Avast Plug in and asked if it might be disabled. Saying yes creates a report to be submitted to Microsoft.
I've experienced this on 2 other machines but in both those cases Avast was already installed and I had just upgraded an older version of Office to Office Professional 2007 and it occurred during the first time I was launching the Outlook upgrade. After disabling the Plug in
and allowing Outlook to configure I enabled the Plug in. In this recent event Outlook 2007 was already installed on machine from factory. I have not enabled the Plug in and will do so after I learn what the fix is or if it's absolutely necessary to run it, either way I need to know how to correct before completing my test phase and making my final decision to purchase.