Author Topic: would avast ?  (Read 3111 times)

bazacop

would avast ?
« on: October 30, 2008, 09:59:30 PM »
 guys i am having trouble with playing a certain game online basically i am getting kick from servers by my punkbuster. would my avast intervere with my pb?
   (just a stab in the dark never no)

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
Re: would avast ?
« Reply #1 on: October 30, 2008, 10:15:13 PM »
Well avast isn't a firewall so shouldn't kick you off or interfere.

avast just scans files and alerts to infection, sometimes games have anti-crack/cheat files that can be detected as malware, but that would alert and all hell would break loose with an audible and visual alert.

What are the server messages, I assume they give some form of warning/notice/message, etc. ?
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.2.6105 (build 24.2.8918.824) UI 1.0.799/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

bazacop

« Reply #2 on: October 31, 2008, 12:22:49 AM »
yes the message i always get is
bazacop punkbuster kicked player bazacop (for0 minuites) RESTICTION service communation failure:pnkBstr B.exe driver failure (pnkBstrk.sys)ffab

god knows wat that means

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
« Reply #3 on: October 31, 2008, 12:38:46 AM »
Well I don't have a clue either but my friend google might. http://www.google.com/search?q=pnkBstrk.sys and

Check out this one http://www.pbbans.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=38770&mode=threaded&pid=111187 it seems a similar driver failure relating to COD4.

It might be worth a visit to the game forums and do a search for the error message or parts of it and see if it has been encountered before, very likely.

Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.2.6105 (build 24.2.8918.824) UI 1.0.799/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

bazacop

« Reply #4 on: November 04, 2008, 11:05:13 PM »
hello again guys wonder if u can help me again I'm still having same probs with my game and pb.
and i am now about 80% sure that it could well be my avast 4.8 home doing it. because wat i did is (i no u shouldnt) completely installed avast and then run the game and had no problems. but when i reinstalled avast again i had same probs with pb kicking me.

could u tell me wat settings or part of avast i could turn of to play this game (cod4) ie standard shield ,network shield  web shield etc.

Offline RejZoR

• Polymorphic Sheep
  • Serious Graphoman
  • We are supersheep, resistance is futile!
    • RejZoR's Flock of Sheep
« Reply #5 on: November 04, 2008, 11:34:46 PM »
guys i am having trouble with playing a certain game online basically i am getting kick from servers by my punkbuster. would my avast intervere with my pb?
   (just a stab in the dark never no)

What game exactly?
Visit my webpage Angry Sheep Blog

bazacop

« Reply #6 on: November 04, 2008, 11:47:16 PM »
COD4

and guys sorry i jumped the gun  i dont think it is avast

i tell u one thing tho  i got attacked alittle while ago and having trouble with my pc  and you guys helped me sort it out and clean up my pc for which i was really great full
and the stupid thing is is ever since then i have not been able to play cod4 cause of pb kicking me and in the other forums they are saying it could be a trojan or something like that but when i run a scan with avast and i have also got stop zilla which i also ran it said my pc was clean ( which i new cause u guys helped me sort it out http://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=39208.0