Author Topic: avast exclusion didn't work  (Read 4858 times)

ardi_sugianto

avast exclusion didn't work
« on: November 01, 2008, 05:53:39 PM »
hey i have a problem with avast, when i installing a game, avast alert that part of that game is a trojan, but i really know that that file isn't a trojan so i use avast exclusion on avast setting, but when i want play that game, avast alert still appear, so i must disable avast if i want to play that game. :'(

so please help me how to exclude this part of game so avast alert doesn't appear again and  i can play this game, i don't want uninstall avast because i very like avast  ;)

Online DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
Re: avast exclusion didn't work
« Reply #1 on: November 01, 2008, 06:27:34 PM »
The only way to really know it isn't infected is to confirm or deny the detection.

You could also check the offending/suspect file at: VirusTotal - Multi engine on-line virus scanner and report the findings here. You can't do this with the file securely in the chest, you need to extract it to a temporary (not original) location first, see below.

Create a folder called Suspect in the C:\ drive, e.g. C:\Suspect. Now exclude that folder in the Standard Shield, Customize, Advanced, Add, type (or copy and paste) C:\Suspect\* That will stop the standard shield scanning any file you put in that folder. You should now be able to export any file in the chest to this folder and upload it to VirusTotal without avast alerting.

If it is indeed a false positive, see http://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=34950.msg293451#msg293451, how to report it to avast! and what to do to exclude them until the problem is corrected.

Whilst this might seem a pain in the rear it really is the correct way to deal with a false detection, so you don't treat the symptom (the alert) treat the problem, mis-detection. So when it is corrected it not only helps you but other avast users who might also use that game.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.2.6105 (build 24.2.8918.824) UI 1.0.799/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
Re: avast exclusion didn't work
« Reply #2 on: November 03, 2008, 02:33:47 PM »
Which is the game, by the way?
The best things in life are free.