Author Topic: Avast 4 Small Business Server  (Read 6540 times)

PearlyShells

Avast 4 Small Business Server
« on: November 02, 2008, 09:00:20 PM »
We just bought the 4 Small Business Server Edition with 10 client licenses.  We successfully installed the Server part but have no idea how to install it on the clients.  Can anyone help?  The documentation for this product really is bad.

Lex

Re: Avast 4 Small Business Server
« Reply #1 on: November 05, 2008, 08:49:31 AM »
In case you need to protect client computers you have to purchase different product - Avast! SBS Suite, not avast! SBS.
Your product protect only your server itself.

PearlyShells

« Reply #2 on: November 07, 2008, 02:14:10 AM »
I'm sorry.  The product we have is Avast! SBS Suite

Lex

« Reply #3 on: November 07, 2008, 07:52:39 AM »
You can install avast! Professional on clients or managed version using ADNM.

PearlyShells

« Reply #4 on: November 07, 2008, 10:21:24 PM »
I am having a devil of a time installing to clients.  I've copied the InstPkg to a network share.  Gone to the client workstation and mapped a drive to the share and executed the setup but it starts and immediately finalizes...and, no install.  What is the proper way to install clients?

Addendum:  discovered that if I copy the InstPkg to a network share and install it without the long script that is mentioned in the manual that the download "does appear to work"...except I find that when it comes to the part about the Proxy that the 3 options all fail for me.  This is confusing because we do not have a proxy nor a firewall.  I believe this may the the root of my problem
« Last Edit: November 08, 2008, 10:11:23 PM by PearlyShells »

jnksjnks

« Reply #5 on: November 08, 2008, 06:27:14 PM »
I don't know if this was right, but I downloaded the home free trial and then put in the license key.  I can't get any help with this either and don't really know if that's right; however, when I ask for a scan, it does it.

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
« Reply #6 on: November 08, 2008, 07:14:19 PM »
I don't know if this was right, but I downloaded the home free trial and then put in the license key.  I can't get any help with this either and don't really know if that's right; however, when I ask for a scan, it does it.

This is unrelated to the problem with the server version of avast, so you should start a New Topic of your own as this seems unrelated to the original subject and will just confuse the topic and we will try to help.  - Go to this link, http://forum.avast.com/index.php, scroll down to the avast! 4.x Home/Pro forum and click it, click the New Topic button at the top of the list and post there.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.3.6108 (build 24.3.8975.762) UI 1.0.801/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

soneil

« Reply #7 on: December 06, 2008, 10:56:17 PM »
We just bought the 4 Small Business Server Edition with 10 client licenses.  We successfully installed the Server part but have no idea how to install it on the clients.  Can anyone help?  The documentation for this product really is bad.

PearlyShells, it doesn't look like anyone has answered your question. You can use the ADMN application to manage your installations on the network; it's useful to install this on a remote console as well. You can create packages for installation over the network but I've never actually been able to get to this work. All of the other features of ADMN work reliably though and you can automatically update your managed clients from there.

Getting them installed is a far easier task to do manually esp. if it's only 10 clients. Download the installer for managed installations (av_net) from the site and store it on a network share that you can access from your client computers. The ADMN will detect installations but you'll grow very old and hairless before you actually get the deployment features to work.