Author Topic: Can't set components to custom sensitivity  (Read 3069 times)

musicman2059

Can't set components to custom sensitivity
« on: November 10, 2008, 09:43:26 AM »
I've been having issues lately regarding the sensitivity setting of some components, mainly my standard shield.

Due to some of the software I have I find myself creating a lot of exceptions in order to make sure that avast doesn't end up detecting a virus in something that it shouldn't, and for that I usually keep my standard shield on custom sensitivity.

However, I noticed one day that it had been set back to normal, and that when I change it to custom and click OK, the next time I check on it it's set back to custom again.

I have no idea how long this has been going on for as I only picked up on it a couple of days ago, but in recent days I've been having issues with some applications not working properly while standard shield is running.  I don't want to blame avast just yet for that problem in particular as I haven't really pinpointed the issue yet but it appears I might have stumbled on something that isn't working as intended in the process.

So, what do I do to change my standard shield sensitivity to custom and keep it there?

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
Re: Can't set components to custom sensitivity
« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2008, 03:58:31 PM »
Custom is nothing, just a slider position, unless you change the underlying scanning function then it will revert to the appropriate sensitivity for your settings.

What changes to the Standard Shield have you made (behind the Customize button, that is what determines if the sensitivity would be changed to Custom) ?

What is the software and more importantly what is the problem ?
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.4.6112 (build 24.4.9067.762) UI 1.0.803/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

musicman2059

« Reply #2 on: November 10, 2008, 06:27:00 PM »
Well, if that's the way it's intended to work then I guess it's not what I think it is anyway.

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
« Reply #3 on: November 10, 2008, 07:11:23 PM »
Well if you answer the questions I asked, a) I can get an idea of what you are trying to do and b) hopefully offer some advice on how to achieve it.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.4.6112 (build 24.4.9067.762) UI 1.0.803/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #4 on: November 10, 2008, 11:05:29 PM »
Well, if that's the way it's intended to work then I guess it's not what I think it is anyway.
You need to Customize and then the slider will be at Custom level... What's wrong?
The best things in life are free.