Author Topic: Stuck on scanning  (Read 2164 times)

captmicha

Stuck on scanning
« on: November 06, 2008, 05:48:41 AM »
When I right click on a file and click the option to scan it, it starts scanning it but keeps stopping at Number of tested files: 19 and Scan progress: 1%. But then it starts going really, really slow. How long should it be taking to scan a 4.32 GB movie file?

Offline Bluesman

• Avast Evangelist
  • Advanced Poster
  • Amiga Power!
Re: Stuck on scanning
« Reply #1 on: November 06, 2008, 03:31:44 PM »
When I right click on a file and click the option to scan it, it starts scanning it but keeps stopping at Number of tested files: 19 and Scan progress: 1%. But then it starts going really, really slow. How long should it be taking to scan a 4.32 GB movie file?

Well, I've tested now and a 4,5GB movie-file took over 10 minutes here (when I right-clicked on it and choosed scan with avast)

So, just relax, take a coffee, and the scanning should be finished sooner or later ;)
"The blues are the roots, everything else is the fruits" -Willie Dixon

onlysomeone

« Reply #2 on: November 06, 2008, 04:02:11 PM »

a scan via rightclicking a file is very intensive (thorough) and takes its time (especialy if it is a big movie file), so like Bluesman already sayd, everythings alright ;)

captmicha

« Reply #3 on: November 07, 2008, 02:56:06 AM »
Thanks!