Author Topic: My pc has has been taken over!  (Read 5606 times)

SeattleJoe

My pc has has been taken over!
« on: April 19, 2004, 10:31:44 PM »
Man theres So many Viruses,Trojans,worms on my WinXP i dont know where to start, But i think ive just gotten my Adminastration rights back. And gotten rid of
Remote access services, and shut down all the Network Comnections, and Shares... ???
Ad-awarwe has about 40 diffrent viruses locked in the chest.
Ive got many logs i just dont know what to show you first.... heres a spybot.log

Waldo

Re:My pc has has been taken over!
« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2004, 10:42:49 PM »
Your pc is a big mess.

My advice > format it, and start all over.

Install a good firewall, update Windows, restrict your browser settings, and run AVAST.

You never know there isn't a nasty stealt trojan or rootkit still lurking on your box even after cleaning it up will all known security software, so > format !

Waldo
« Last Edit: April 19, 2004, 10:45:00 PM by Waldo »

Offline .: Mac :.

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Ultra Poster
« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2004, 11:42:05 PM »
WOW!!  :o  I second waldo's suggestion format and start over (or get a mac and dont worry about spyware agian)
« Last Edit: April 19, 2004, 11:42:35 PM by MacLover2000 »
"People who are really serious about software should make their own hardware." - Alan Kay

SeattleJoe

« Reply #3 on: April 20, 2004, 01:07:17 AM »
Well ive been looking around some more and, its actually pretty incredable ::)  All the work arounds and
shortcuts that are in the Explorer. And the Fake File .EXT
that are all allocated with programs ive never heard of.
Theres even Security Certificates that claim to have the Trust to install Drivers by useing Strange Networking setups to send through offline Internet Explorer HTML files.. That stuff is way over my head though! I was going to export the System Info But its Way to big a file
to send over this board. I cant beleave all the Drivers and scripting that are in there! looks like 2 pcs. And somehow its all working, without slowing down the pc at all!I probley wont have the authority to Format the Drive,  ??? I should probley be thankfull its letting me surf the net on there PC?  LOL

Offline .: Mac :.

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Ultra Poster
« Reply #4 on: April 20, 2004, 01:56:40 AM »
boot from the XP CD and it will let  you format the drive.
"People who are really serious about software should make their own hardware." - Alan Kay

SeattleJoe

« Reply #5 on: April 20, 2004, 11:12:14 AM »
Thanks for the replys everyone  ,I was mostly Posting to
see if the problem ive got has happend to others and how bad?! Im not concerned about the formating ,thats no problem thanks. Ill probley back up a few things to CDRW and then Play around with a bit more. See if i cant learn a few things.?  From what i can figure out , I remember Getting a few PopUPs that looked like a Security Certificates from some stupid little software Pusher, but nothing i wanted, so i keep refusing the
File, but the last couple time i went to click the button
it looked like it might have switched the the GUI , kinda like java sometimes shakes or flashes a bit? So i might have enabled it ,Shortly after that  I was haveing to clear the Cach,and All that and then I got 15-20 diff avast Warnings at once. then id get 2-5 more every
few hours, I havent accepted or installed one of those
sense my ol Netscape Browser, But i know it wasnt offered to me as a popup while surfing the net! thats no trust ,right? and then looking through the Security Certificate Console i found it stuffed Trusts, but there was lots of them that were marked "Fakes".
Anyway....thanks agian for everyones time and thought on it...We'll see ::)