Author Topic: bart cd failure  (Read 11449 times)

Moreno Sacchi

bart cd failure
« on: November 13, 2008, 04:07:01 PM »
I have purchased the bart cd 2.0 and when I’ve try to use it in a computer dell 755 with the following characteristics:
1)   CPU intel quad core Q 6600 2.4 Gh
2)   Four Gbytes of ram
3)   Video card ATI radeon X1300
I get the blue window screen and no way to continue.
I tried to use the same cd in dell 745 and everything’s is working. So I suppose the problem is about drivers. Do you have some idea/suggestion for to get the Cd working in 755 machine?
Thanks in advance

Offline Infratech Solutions

• Avast Reseller
  • Super Poster
  • Mayorista e integrador de Avast en España
    • Ciberseguridad Avast para empresas y MSPs en España.
Re: bart cd failure
« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2008, 09:54:36 AM »
Could you test with Bart-CD 3.0 Beta?

http://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=38684.0

I'm testing this new version and it works fine.

imag

« Reply #2 on: December 02, 2008, 06:49:38 PM »
I've got the same problem.  $150.00 for a bootable product that can't even boot   >:(.

The machine boots to CD, then for some reason starts with the Windows XP bootup screen before blue screening.  I don't understand why it would even start Windows when I'm booting the BART cd.

Yes, I'm trying the beta product, but that seems pretty silly when 2.0 was sold as a bootable recovery disk.

Offline Infratech Solutions

• Avast Reseller
  • Super Poster
  • Mayorista e integrador de Avast en España
    • Ciberseguridad Avast para empresas y MSPs en España.
« Reply #3 on: December 02, 2008, 07:05:17 PM »
BART-CD 2.0 uses a MS Window XP embedded to boot a system (this is the reason you starts with the Windows XP bootup screen), so if you have a problem booting a specific machine (usually a modern machine) I think that you have a problem with some XP driver that you need to boot the machine and that driver is not included in the XP of the BART-CD.

"... but that seems pretty silly when 2.0 was sold as a bootable recovery disk." BART-CD is a bootable recovery disk with some limits (MS Windows XP limits).
What happen if you made a DOS bootable diskette and boot a machine with NTFS file system in his HD? Can you read the HD? So a DOS diskette, that a lot of us use for several years, isn't a bootable disk because I cannot read a NTFS file system?

BART-CD 3.0 uses Windows PE 2.1 (built from Vista SP1) and all the drivers included on Vista SP1 are present, so all new drivers and devices must be included.

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #4 on: December 02, 2008, 09:52:52 PM »
Windows XP bootup screen before blue screening.
Can you post the error number of the blue screen message?
The best things in life are free.

JimIT

« Reply #5 on: December 05, 2008, 05:15:59 PM »
I have purchased the bart cd 2.0 and when I’ve try to use it in a computer dell 755 with the following characteristics:
1)   CPU intel quad core Q 6600 2.4 Gh
2)   Four Gbytes of ram
3)   Video card ATI radeon X1300
I get the blue window screen and no way to continue.
I tried to use the same cd in dell 745 and everything’s is working. So I suppose the problem is about drivers. Do you have some idea/suggestion for to get the Cd working in 755 machine?
Thanks in advance

The 755's are flaky in their SATA setup.  I would go into setup and change the settings under Drives from the default SATA settings to another setting in there and try it again.