Author Topic: SBS edition client installation  (Read 5425 times)

jodipaz

SBS edition client installation
« on: October 02, 2008, 05:31:10 AM »
I have Avast SBS Suite installed on my server with 15 licenses.  How in the heck to I get it installed on my workstations now?

PearlyShells

Re: SBS edition client installation
« Reply #1 on: November 09, 2008, 04:09:35 AM »
good luck getting any replies.  I suppose this is the biggest problem purchasing from a site not in the US and without US presence support.  I have same issue and getting no replies, too.

Offline Infratech Solutions

• Avast Reseller
  • Super Poster
  • Mayorista e integrador de Avast en España
    • Ciberseguridad Avast para empresas y MSPs en España.
« Reply #2 on: November 09, 2008, 10:36:01 AM »
The avast! SBS Suite contains: avast! Server Edition, avast! Professional Edition and ADNM licenses/products.

If you install avast! Server Edition in your Server, you have to install avast! Professional Edition in your workstations.

When you buy avast! SBS Editon you received a "license.dat" file for the server and a Lincense Key, the same for all your workstations.

So, to install your clients you have to download avast! Professional Edition and install it on them. Then activate the license key.

The procedure changes if you use ADNM.

Offline scythe944

• Avast Evangelist
  • Massive Poster
    • My Tech Blog
« Reply #3 on: December 08, 2008, 08:19:48 PM »
correct. but since you have purchased the suite, then you can use ADNM to push the installation to your clients.  There is no need to go to each computer and install the client and license file.  The included ADNM documentation explains the process in more detail.
For generic computer (not avast) problems, you can also visit my forum for help: http://www.jacobytech.net/forum