Author Topic: disable file scanning immediately after startup  (Read 2169 times)

kwouters

disable file scanning immediately after startup
« on: November 15, 2008, 01:12:20 PM »
Every time i start up my computer, avast runs in background that's good.
But it has needed "some time" to start scanning the files, this time i can not doing anyting on my pc

So my question
is it possible with Avast to wait background scanning at startup and for example that Avast starts background scanning not immedaiately after startup , but after 5 minutes for example?

i have 2 GB of RAM
4 GHZ processor
« Last Edit: November 15, 2008, 01:19:12 PM by kwouters »

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
Re: disable file scanning immediately after startup
« Reply #1 on: November 17, 2008, 10:54:13 PM »
This isn't safer for sure... malware will activate itself during boot time before avast loads...
You can delay the avast services startup on Troubleshooting tab of settings, but it only waits for necessary services to run and will load avast as it should, as soon it's possible.

Which other programs are set to run at startup?
Try Startup Delayer.
This freeware controls the windows startup (Windows 98\Me\2k\XP\Vista) that does not follow a strict order.

You can set some applications to start very after the boot (logon) itself.  ;)
They will manage the execution of programs that are automatically started by the operating system at logon time. Instead of executing many programs at once (causing your OS to spit and sputter and attack your hard drive), StartRight will give the OS time to execute the program before running the next program. The OS should become much more responsive almost imediately after logon.

Since avast! version 4.7.807 the Standard Shield has a feature called do not scan system libraries (by default on) that dramatically decrease the number of files scanned during computer boot.
The best things in life are free.