Author Topic: Upsdating Avast  (Read 2289 times)

Developmentsites

Upsdating Avast
« on: January 02, 2009, 04:24:20 PM »
Have brought Avast 4 online and have avast 4.8 downloaded. When the car phone thing comes up and press the lightening icon it tells me that the licence key is invalid or expired. I have only just brought it, so why is this happening. Can some come back to me to help sort this matter. Also if you have a simple phone number, it would be easier to be able to call you. This system of trying to get hold of someone is long winded and frustrating. 

Online DavidR

• Avast √úberevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
Re: Upsdating Avast
« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2009, 06:41:39 PM »
It is strange as you should be able to use the downloaded Pro Trial version unrestrived for 60 days with the demo key that is incorporated into it.

Have you entered the new license you received by email ?

Right click the avast 'a' icon, select about avast, from the pop-up details window, click the License button and copy and past the licence key you were sent. Take care not to copy any trailing spaces.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.1.6099 (build 24.1.8821.762) UI 1.0.796/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
The best things in life are free.