Author Topic: Thanks for your help, but I think Norton's here to stay  (Read 2061 times)

PamJ

Thanks for your help, but I think Norton's here to stay
« on: November 16, 2008, 01:39:15 AM »
The Revo Unnstaller seemed to work.  It found 287 items, I deleted them.  Norton's icon was gone from Revo's list, the items were gone Add/Remove Programs.  Today, I just happened to notice the items are all back in Program Files (not in Add/Remove, though)  And the icon is not in Revo like it was before starting all this.  What do these people do with this program?  It's like it grows tentacles and permanently weaves and attaches parts of itself to your computer's inner workings!  Argh!

Just wanted to give everyone who had tried to help me an update, and give another thanks.  (I wonder if blowing the computer up would get rid of it?!?   ;D )
« Last Edit: November 16, 2008, 01:41:50 AM by PamJ »

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
Re: Thanks for your help, but I think Norton's here to stay
« Reply #1 on: November 16, 2008, 02:15:56 AM »
You can manually delete the folders if you wish.

It is easier to get rid of the plague or a virus than get rid of Norton. Seriously if you aren't getting any problems/conflict from what now remains you should be OK. If they show up in a HJT scan, selecting and fixing them (Fix Selected button) should remove those from the registry.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.3.6108 (build 24.3.8975.762) UI 1.0.801/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security