Author Topic: why AVAST not scan ?  (Read 2952 times)

tinto101

why AVAST not scan ?
« on: November 17, 2008, 05:13:25 PM »
after the avast scan...i have OVER 8000 voices (file and othres)

that avast say is not possible to scanned ... why ?

what i to do ?

Offline Bluesman

• Avast Evangelist
  • Advanced Poster
  • Amiga Power!
Re: why AVAST not scan ?
« Reply #1 on: November 17, 2008, 05:44:42 PM »
after the avast scan...i have OVER 8000 voices (file and othres)

that avast say is not possible to scanned ... why ?

what i to do ?

Voices? You mean sounds?

If you expand the list, you should also see the reason, why avast couldn't scan the files.
"The blues are the roots, everything else is the fruits" -Willie Dixon

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
« Reply #2 on: November 17, 2008, 05:47:11 PM »
The short answer is do nothing until you have read the information on the link below.

See http://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=35347.msg297170#msg297170 this topic for more information on why files can't be scanned.

Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.2.6105 (build 24.2.8918.824) UI 1.0.799/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #3 on: November 17, 2008, 09:29:12 PM »
By examining 1) the reason given by avast! for not being able to scan the files, 2) the location of the files, you can get an idea of what program they relate to. You may need to expand the column headings to see all the text.

Files that can't be scanned are just that, not an indication they are suspicious/infected, just unable to be scanned.

Many programs (usually security based ones) password protect their files for legitimate reasons such as AdAware and Spybot Search & Destroy, there are others (and avast doesn't know the password or have any way of using it even if it did know it). Do you use any other security based programs ?

When you run scans with the above programs and you delete harmful entries that they detect, a copy is kept (in quarantine/restore/backup) in case you need to reverse what you did. These are usually password protected, you should do some housekeeping and delete old backup/recovery/quarantine entries (older than two weeks or so), this will reduce the numbers of files that can't be scanned.
The best things in life are free.