Author Topic: i realy hope someone can help  (Read 6746 times)

CLEARICE01

i realy hope someone can help
« on: April 20, 2004, 11:20:24 PM »
every time i start my pc i have to change the resident protection level form custom to high its a pain doing this every time i start my pc.my question is is there a way to set the resident protection to high and have it stay there? so i dont have to keep on changing it from custom to high.i only want the high setting not custom!!!!

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
Re:i realy hope someone can help
« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2004, 05:06:21 PM »
Clearice, sometimes the Custom could be 'higher' (safer) than the 'high' level...  ;D
avast is highly customizable so... you can have a lot of different levels of protection.

But, as you said, seems strange you cannot 'stay' on high level  :'(
The best things in life are free.

whocares

« Reply #2 on: April 21, 2004, 05:16:14 PM »
Hi,
did you do the avast installation and any settings/changes under Administrator-Login ? (for Win NT/2000/XP)

CLEARICE01

« Reply #3 on: April 21, 2004, 06:50:27 PM »
hi technical.thanks for the reply.and yes it is strange that its always changing from high to custom...........

CLEARICE01

« Reply #4 on: April 21, 2004, 06:53:06 PM »
hi whocares.i did the normal install without changing eny thing at all

FifeFlyer

« Reply #5 on: April 21, 2004, 11:06:00 PM »
I have the same "problem" but its not really a problem!?

The reason I think is that the Script Blocking runs as Normal. If you set it to high it resets to normal upon reboot. (Remember there is only one setting for the Script Blocker). So, when everything is set to High and you reboot, Script Blocker returns to Normal thus causing Resident Protection to show as Custom!

Click on the Avast icon next to the clock to open On-Access Protection Control. Resident Protection will probably be at Custom. Click on the Details button and you will see everything is at High except for Script Blocker.

Hope this helps  

CLEARICE01

« Reply #6 on: April 21, 2004, 11:13:34 PM »
hi.fifeflyer.thanks for the reply your right.so i goess i can just leave it at custom and feel safe??

FifeFlyer

« Reply #7 on: April 22, 2004, 12:07:21 AM »
Hi CLEARICE01

I think at the Custom setting you will be well protected by this excellent antivirus software.   :D

CLEARICE01

« Reply #8 on: April 22, 2004, 12:10:19 AM »
hi.fifeflyer.thanks for all your help.and i agree it is a exellent antivirus software.