Author Topic: Forum Profile Information  (Read 3729 times)

twl845

Forum Profile Information
« on: November 17, 2008, 03:47:23 AM »
I would like to add an avatar and signature to my profile. Looing at the help file it says to go to Forum Profile Information in my profile. That dialog box isn't in my profile. Can anyone direct me to a solution? Thanks in advance  :)

Negeltu

Re: Forum Profile Information
« Reply #1 on: November 17, 2008, 04:06:16 AM »
When you go to your profile page.. there is a menu box on the left side that says "Modify Profile".  Under that there is "Forum Profile Information".  That is where you can add a signature and avatar.

tls

« Reply #2 on: November 17, 2008, 04:12:23 AM »
New forum members are restricted; some functions are not available until they have 20 posts.  The restrictions are in response to people who sign up to spam the forums or to spam members using the PM function.

Dianne*

« Reply #3 on: November 17, 2008, 07:20:33 AM »
Hi ok i was looking to add my avatar as well this is my first post so i guess id best ask some more questions.
Question 1
 When i was doing a thorough scan last night it was like stuck on 6%,  why did it do this as its never done it before.....for about 4 hours i thought omg!!! i must have a virus, then i found this forum in which i am very grateful. Now i would like to know as well since i found out i should change to do a standard scan and i have now and its actually gone past 6% so great some thing is working out  :PAt the moment its up to 28% and seems to be going well.

Question 2
 Is there any where that actually tells me how to set avast antivirus the correct way.???

CharleyO

« Reply #4 on: November 17, 2008, 08:34:58 AM »

When you install avast, it is already set the correct way. The default settings of avast are optimized for the best protection and performance of your computer.

Sometimes, depending on certain situations, avast settings might need to be changed a little. Before any changes are done or advice given to do so, the situation needs to be understood by those who could help. If you have a specific situation or problem, please tell us and give as much information as is possible.

Also, please search the avast help files for information that may help you.

Edit for spelling correction.
« Last Edit: November 17, 2008, 06:52:48 PM by CharleyO »

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #5 on: November 17, 2008, 02:41:01 PM »
When i was doing a thorough scan last night it was like stuck on 6%,  why did it do this as its never done it before.....for about 4 hours i thought omg!!!
How exactly does it freeze? Does it happen always approximately at the same place/folder of the scan?
Do you see a hard disk activity (when it freezes)? Is only the program frozen, or the whole computer (possibly with mouse cursor)?

Additionally, you can go to the program settings and turn on the creation of the report file (with "OK files" to be included as well in the report). This way, you can find out where the scan really stopped (it's going to be close to the end of the report).

After avast! disappears, check the end of the report file - the "troublesome" file is likely to be close to the end (close in the sense that this particular file will probably not be written in the report, but the previous one will be the last line, so it shouldn't be hard to guess). We would certainly like to have this file - if it really causes problems to avast! - so that we could fix the problem.

The report file created (if you turned it on in program settings) will be (default location) at <avast4>\Data\Report\Simple User Interface.txt

Is there any where that actually tells me how to set avast antivirus the correct way.???
Can you try to repair your installation?
Go to Control Panel > Add/Remove programs > avast! antivirus > Remove. Then choose Repair function in the popup window (Repair).
The best things in life are free.

twl845

« Reply #6 on: November 22, 2008, 01:58:43 AM »
New forum members are restricted; some functions are not available until they have 20 posts.  The restrictions are in response to people who sign up to spam the forums or to spam members using the PM function.
OK that answers my question. I guess not being able to get replies via my e-mail falls under the same rule, because I had to navigate back to my thread to find this out. I belong to about 15 forums and never had to wait to add an avatar and signature. Avast seems to be trouble free so far, so it may take a long time to accumulate 20 posts.
I guess there's no problem going off topic either.  ::)
« Last Edit: November 22, 2008, 02:08:02 AM by twl845 »

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #7 on: November 22, 2008, 03:52:02 PM »
I guess there's no problem going off topic either.  ::)
Well, you're not off topic ;)
The best things in life are free.