Author Topic: I have a question about the Notification Manager.  (Read 3656 times)

Setfire Media

I have a question about the Notification Manager.
« on: November 19, 2008, 02:20:44 PM »
We currently have an ADNM based office anti-virus setup and it works well.

So well that one of our clients requires a standalone windows server setting up that will be outside our own network, and I have recommended AVAST.
Now for PCI compliance requires that we/they need to prove, if audited, what the anti-virus update status is/was at any given time.

Is it possible to set up the notification manager to email a mailbox when updates are downloaded/installed. Or can that be done via another methods. Automated or even manual reporting for a given date would be acceptable too.

Any help with this would be grateful and will lead to another sale.
Cheers.

sariza

Re: I have a question about the Notification Manager.
« Reply #1 on: November 20, 2008, 04:57:26 PM »
Hi Setfire Media; try with FolderReporter, I found it on the web, I did a test, and I guest could help you.

http://adanet.co.uk/softwaredetails.asp?id=8

You have to run first "FolderReporter -configure" in order to configure your mail server, and the email address to use, from this window you could do a test
Then you have to run "FolderReporter c:\program files\alwil software\avast4\setup

Then you could do a schedule for the program to run as you wish

It will send you a content summary for that folder, so you could check is there are the files for new vps, as it show in the attach

I don't know if somebody have something easier, try this.

Bes Regards
Sergio Ariza.

Setfire Media

« Reply #2 on: November 20, 2008, 05:27:19 PM »
Thanks Sergio, that might go a good way toward what we are after.
I'll look at that.

sariza

« Reply #3 on: November 20, 2008, 06:58:21 PM »
Ok, let us know if it work for you!

Sergio