Author Topic: mail protection wizard???  (Read 3416 times)

gudda96

mail protection wizard???
« on: April 21, 2004, 05:27:00 PM »
I have just read a reply from Technical saying"have you run the Wizard, wher is it please.

Offline igor

• Avast team
  • Serious Graphoman
    • AVAST Software
Re:mail protection wizard???
« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2004, 05:29:46 PM »
In the Start Menu / avast! Antivirus / Mail Protection Wizard.

gudda96

« Reply #2 on: April 21, 2004, 06:24:26 PM »
Igor

Thanks for reply, I have had terrible trouble configuring to attach scan certification to my mail. It has taken me 2 days to sort and one friend has just reported it was on mail I have just sent to her so I am hoping.

gudda96

« Reply #3 on: April 24, 2004, 09:50:25 AM »
My Avasr certification has vanished again and I have just gone to start/progs/accessories/avast/help/mail protection and I think it suggests I need to alter my  pop/smtp servers  which I did not have to before

As this forum is totally Avast users(I assume) can someone tell me the total settings changes I need to make to help it work please.

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #4 on: April 24, 2004, 04:15:08 PM »
My Avasr certification has vanished again and I have just gone to start/progs/accessories/avast/help/mail protection and I think it suggests I need to alter my  pop/smtp servers  which I did not have to before

As this forum is totally Avast users(I assume) can someone tell me the total settings changes I need to make to help it work please.

gudda, you must let avast change your settings. Otherwise, you won't have your emails scanned.

If you change the numbers (pop/smtp servers address 127.0.0.1) your emails won't be scanned. You can kill ashMaisv.exe application (CTRL-ALT-DEL and kill it), correct all your email account settings without using avast (you won't be protected). Close your email client and run Mail Protection Wizard to do it automatically.

Can you do that? Do you need more help?
The best things in life are free.